6br velocities

Gray R

Hey guys I'm thinking about a 6 br. Hoddgdons site has data but I've experienced velocities much faster than what they have listed in a few calibers so I was curious. What are the actual 24-26 inch barrel velocities from the 6br that you guys are getting? Thanks in advance

30.5 gr varget, 105 Berger BT, 2935 fps in 30" barrel.
Slight powder compression even with a .012" jam.

Your right, as a Dasher shooter I was thinking about it's capabilities not a BR....still with Varget I say with that shorty barrel 2950 ish, ... I'm used to 28-30 inch Dashers loaded with Varget and they are 3100-3200 easily with the longer barrel...too many Coor's lights ..wasn't trying to mislead you..

A friend just put together a 26" 6 BR. 105 Berger hybrid, 28.5 gr of IMR 8208 XBR with velocity of 2765 fps. With his deer season going on right now he still hasn't finished dialing in the load. It showed excellent results when we took it out to get some prone time in, shooting rock rats in less than ideal conditions.

My 30" 6 BR us also using Bergers with 28.9 gr of 8208 velocity 2825. It may not be the fastest that a 6 BR can run, but 8208 works well year round and is extremely accurate.

Yeah im slowly getting over the light speed bug and becoming more interested in accuracy and light recoil. The hodgdon site says 2650 with 107s and a 24 inch barrel so thats what had me slightly concerned. If mid high 2700s is available then it seems like a hell of a little cartridge for midrange targets and deer

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.