650 Yard Antelope, Not bad for a 12 year old

Congrats to Dillon and Family!! That is an amazing shot on a bedded Buck!
Best Wishes for Great Hunts in the Future!

Way to go Dillon! Nice shooting indeed :D. You will never forget this hunt, that is for sure.

Jeff, you truly are a gentleman and a great contributor to our sport, thanks for the story.

Congratulations Dillon:

This story makes me happier than taking the antelope myself.

We need more youth hunters. Dillon sounds like a great sportsman.

My hat is off to Dillons dad. Your are doing it right and must feel very good about it.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Hope hear more soon.

Nat Lambeth

Thanks guys for all the kind and thoughtful replys. I will pass them along to Dillon. I have had the pleasure to become friends with this fine Montana family and they all hunt. Dillons mom now shoots a 7mm rem Sendero that I put together for her in a thumbhole laminated stock. First time out she was busting rocks at 700 plus and doing a right fine job. Don't mess with this Montana gal, she can fend for herself for sure. She took a bull this year to with the 7mm.

Dillon's dad and I have become hunting buddies. He guids for an elk outfitter and I intoduced him to the long range method I use. He purchased the 7mm-300 from me and has taken a porcupine at just beyond 1000. He shoots that rifle very well too.

Dillons older brother is the quick draw artist of the family. If game presents it self you just as well let brother fill his tag, cuz you ain't gonna get the first shot off.:)

Dillon was one of the stars is his hunter safety course this year at our gun club. He already had the safety rules down pat. Hmmm :rolleyes: wonder where he got the book to study before hand? :) Note Dillon is wearing the MT. Hunter Safety orange vest in the pic that we give to all students. As we were dragging this goat back we were greated by one of the local game wardens. He was happy to see a young hunter doing a fine job too. The warden took Dillons pic with the goat and Dillon in his hunter safety vest. Would be nice to see that pic show up in some future Montana fish and Game book.

Well thats the rest of he story.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.