6 BR groups at 100 yards with VLD's

goodgrouper

6 BR groups at 100 yards with VLD\'s

I am going to build a 6 BR in the next couple of weeks and I am really torn between twisting and throughting for a 55 grain or 105 grain bullet. The reason I'm torn is because I love shooting 1000 yard + critters with vld's, but I would also like to see what a 6br can really do at 100 yards for group size with the 55's or 70's. I am really interested to know if anyone who has a 6br set up for vlds has actually got .25" groups at 100 yards. I have talked to several people who have told me it shoots great at 1k, but never really tried grouping it at 100. thanks!

Re: 6 BR groups at 100 yards with VLD\'s

go with the fast twist and never look back-if it is built well it shoot well enough at any range and providing you work up the loads to do so-btw the 105amax makes p-dogs go splat way out there even with the modest speeds the chambering produces -my-2 dave

Re: 6 BR groups at 100 yards with VLD\'s

I tired that years ago getting the LVD 6mm to shoot at 100yds just didn't work out so just build another rifle with a 1/14 twist. Problem you get is if throated for the LVD. Bruno's makes a 8 or 9 ogive 68gr 6mm bullet and they shot pretty good and you might want to try.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.