• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 6.5x55 Custom Savage, Broughton barrel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randfal

I have a Savage 6.5x55 Swede(match reamer-No turn neck) for sale. This is a gorgeous rifle! Out of all the guns on my rack, this one catches more attention than the rest and is the first most guys reach for.
Here's what it is:
Savage 116 Stainless Long Action
6.5 x 55 Swede Broughton Barrel, 23" long, 1:8 twist, Std Palma Contour, Harrels Brake with Cap.
Savage 114 Ultra Stock. These are the nicest stock Savage ever made. Nice walnut, cut checkering and silky smooth gloss finish. The barrel channel has been inletted for the heavier barrel and looks peferct.
Rifle weighs 8.4 lbs without stock.
I have about 125 rounds down it. I broke it in properly.
I would like $800 for the Rifle and bases only, plus shipping to your FFL.

The scope is a brand new Nikon Buckmaster 6-18x40 with a plex rectical. If you want it with the rifle, I would sell it for $300 with the rings. It would come with the box etc.

Attachments

• cap.jpg
    cap.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 27
  • Muzzle Brake.jpg
    Muzzle Brake.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Side 1.jpg
    Side 1.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Side 2.jpg
    Side 2.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Side 3.jpg
    Side 3.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Scope.jpg
    Scope.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 24
I never settled on a best load for it. I had 123gr Amaxs for one of my target guns that shot great. I mainly used H4350, H414 and some R17. I also shot some 140gr old Centrix SP bullets. 140gr Hornady HPBT match were ok too. It would run 1/2-3/4" groups. One of the reason I'm selling it is I have too many guns and never really get to dial them all it. I spend more time cleaning them all then I get to shot them anymore. If I remember right, I was getting about 3000fps across the chrony with the 123gr Amaxs. I'd have to dig out the loading log to tell you exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.