WTB 6.5x55 Barrel For Savage Rifle

Discussion in 'Gun Parts - Stocks, Barrels, Actions, etc.' started by wbm, Sep 29, 2013.

1. wbm

wbm Well-Known Member

Looking for a 6.5x55, small shank barrel for a Savage rifle. PM me if you have something.

2. t_bball89

t_bball89 Member

3. wbm

wbm Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. Will check it out.

4. westcliffe01

westcliffe01 Well-Known Member

The Eabco web store does not reflect "live" stock status. Call first to find out if they really have it. There have been horror stories on the web regarding both delays and quality issues with Eabco barrels for the TC rifles, so I would exercise caution.

5. wbm

wbm Well-Known Member

Done-N-Done that. You are right! Guess I'll wait till I find something else. Thanks!

6. westcliffe01

westcliffe01 Well-Known Member

The 2 best choices are to look under savage barrels at Midway and Brownells.

Also give Jim at NSS a call (phone number is listed on the web site) http://northlandshooterssupply.com/

I know that Shilen has had production issues with 6.5mm barrels this year. I have been waiting since before spring for my 6.5x284. Last year getting one would not have been an issue, usually not more than a 6 week wait. But as we know, lead times for anything decent in 2013 have been setting new records.

7. wbm

wbm Well-Known Member

I hear ya! That's why I was trying to pick one up that already existed. :D

8. outofayr

outofayr Well-Known Member

You can also talk to Fred at 4D Reamer Rentals. They do Savage prefits, and have good customer service as well. He did my 22-6mm (224 TTH) for me, and I've been very happy with it.

Good luck,

Brian

9. Linemanslim

Linemanslim New Member

Also check gunshack they carry er shaw and mcgowen pre fits. They have a mcgowen pre fit now