6.5x47 loading question

RED MIST

Just got a new 6.5x47 lapua and was searching for loading data for 130 VLD's and H4350 powder. A lot of loads in searching the Internet for 41 - 42 grs of H4350. The only printed data is Bergers manual that has 35.5 - 39.7 max load with H4350.
Why is so much data I am finding over Bergers max of 39.7 load?

I have been given different reasons for berger manuals light loads the best I have heard is all the data has been created on software. You also have the individuals deciding on test parameters and different equipment.

6.5×47 Lapua Cartridge Guide within AccurateShooter.com

Work up slow and watch for pressure signs no matter what your firearm is different than the test equipment. I don't know if you've checked out this web site. At least it has some dialog. My new Nosler #8 has no data for 6.5x47 lapua to date. There data or the powder manufacturers is the highest I have seen. Unfortunately the only powder manufacturer data has been from Vihtavouri who belong to Lapua or their parent company it is a grain or so higher than Berger's. More data will be out soon.

Good luck and shoot straight.

Bob

Thanks that is where I got the information on higher powder weights. Will work up slowly.

RED MIST,
The BERGER reloading data is based on the COAL listed in our load data. Because the VLD bullets are often set out of the case neck to reach or get close to the lands. More case capacity is exposed allowing a higher powder charge than the maximum listed. Find your seating depth accuracy node at the lowest powder charge listed for the bullet/powder/cartridge combination you are testing for. Once that is found work your load back up slowly checking for pressure signs and accuracy as you increase the powder charge. For more information you can read Bryan Litz's two part article on how bullet seating depth affects powder capacity and pressure under EXTERNAL BALLISTICS.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.