• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 6.5x284 Shehane

seidersjoden

This is a 6.5x284 built in 2006 by Bill Shehane, I specified it to be built just like the 6.5 that he uses for competition with one addition and that was a bipod mount so I could use this for varmint hunting. I put 42 rounds through it, 30 of those were breaking in the barrel as per Bills instructions. It has been kept in a humidity controlled case the entire time. It has a Baity's 30" barrel, starts at 1 1/2" at the receiver and necks down to 1 1/4" at the crown. It has a 12 1/2" pull, 8 1/2" barrel twist, and it has a 297 No Turn neck so it can take different loads. It has a solid one piece Python receiver. It has a Jewell trigger, I do not know what the current trigger pull in oz. is set at but it is very light. The stock is laminated oak wood with a thumbhole for improved grip. I have rods, bore guides, and 10 of everything, i.e., brushes and bore punches for cleaning. I have the recommended load Bill uses for this gun in competitions. This system is ready to go to include gun, case, redding reloading dies, over 230 Lapua casings, 50 loaded rounds, and all necessary cleaning supplies, scope not included. Everything that you see in the overall photo is included. Selling it for $3,400. The gun itself cost me 4,100. for Bill to make it.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 16
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 14
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    16.2 KB · Views: 12
19lbs, I have only shot groups as I broke in the barrrel, they were easily under a minute and Bill garenteed around or under a half minute gun. I never got to the point where I even sighted the rifle in. Never had the time unfortuinatley.