6.5prc Barrel Life?

if you could post some info for the PRC and N565 that would be greatly appreciated seeing that is the one that I haven't tried

I have almost 200 on my prc and zero measurable erosion. My 6.5-284's run 2000 without issue. My proof barreled 6.5-284 has 1000 on it and best I can measure is at .001 growth. This barrel has not changed speed or accuracy and was my go to wolf rifle. The prc was built to replace that rifle. My comparison is just simply due to seeing similar performance between the 2 rifles with the prc running a bit faster with a bit more powder.

if treated properly I can see 1200-1500 of sub moa. treat it like crap, overheat it on a regular basis, use poor cleaning procedures and you can toast it in under 500. it is not how many rounds a year or shooting session it is how you treat it with those rounds that counts
What do you seem overheating to be for rifles in general?

I have been trying to lock down on what to expect with my new 6.5prc rifle and it's barrel life? I know its tough to know exact numbers as every barrel is different (especially with a new caliber) but what is your thoughts on the general barrel life I could expect out of this barrel? Thanks!
I cannot tell exactly how long it will last but I've burned about .005 out of the throat on mine after a little over 450 rounds. Maybe it will slow down ??? It still shoots sub 1/2 MOA.

GA Precision quotes 3500 for a 6.5 SAUM which is very similar. I would say that would be the upper limit and is very dependent on firing cadence.
Good luck with that. Most 6.5 Creedmoor's or 6.5x47 are not even getting that. My 7 Saum was about 1600 and the 6.5's are more over bore than that. Unless your expectation of accuracy is 1/2 min of paper plate.

I have been trying to lock down on what to expect with my new 6.5prc rifle and it's barrel life? I know its tough to know exact numbers as every barrel is different (especially with a new caliber) but what is your thoughts on the general barrel life I could expect out of this barrel? Thanks!
I shoot 6.5saum with 140 bergers and h1000. My round count is app 1700. There have been no shot strings just 3 slow shot groups to develop accuracy node and then hunting usage. Still just as accurate and no change in speed. Slight changes when opening new pound of powder only. This is a krieger barrel. PRC should be quite similar. Best and most accurate rifle I have ever hunted with. Not good for bringing down satellites or battleships. lol

Not really a new caliber since 6.5/.264 has been around since Christ was a kid. New case, but practically speaking how is it equal to or better than any of the similar choices already available?

Not really a new caliber since 6.5/.264 has been around since Christ was a kid. New case, but practically speaking how is it equal to or better than any of the similar choices already available?
Mainly dif from the 6.5-284 due to fitting a short action. Saum and wsm are options but the prc support is strong. It's not a bad choice for a sa

I meant new cartridge not new caliber. It's better because there is no 6.5 magnum which has a ton of factory support at the moment and it appears the 6.5prc will fill that void.

As others has stated I have also found that the rate of fire and barrel heat makes a large difference in barrel life....as does the "criteria" for a change of barrel. I will run two similarly spec'd 6.5x284's. The one used primarily for hunting has about 100-200 rounds of load development/barrel break-in. The barrel is only shot cool, and annual volume runs 40-60 rounds. This rifle is going on it's 10th year, with a bit over 1000 rounds with zero throat erosion, no fire-cracking and still holding sub .5MOA at 1000 yards with SD of 4-6. I'm anticipating it to go another 1000 rounds/10 more years. My practice shooters, with similar specs, are shot regularly in the warm months, often warm/hot, with higher volume. I'll generally replace the barrel 1000-1200 rounds at 1 MOA. I'll get a year, maybe two of use out of the barrel. For comparison, my competition barrels, 6.5's(6.5x47, 260, CM's) shot very hot in the summer with long strings, are replaced at around 2000-2200 rounds when flyers begin to show up. Interestingly, my 308's didn't run much longer under these conditions. I'm curious if anyone knows the conditions and accuracy criteria for GAP's claim of 3500 rounds of barrel life for the 6.5SAUM?

As others has stated I have also found that the rate of fire and barrel heat makes a large difference in barrel life....as does the "criteria" for a change of barrel. I will run two similarly spec'd 6.5x284's. The one used primarily for hunting has about 100-200 rounds of load development/barrel break-in. The barrel is only shot cool, and annual volume runs 40-60 rounds. This rifle is going on it's 10th year, with a bit over 1000 rounds with zero throat erosion, no fire-cracking and still holding sub .5MOA at 1000 yards with SD of 4-6. I'm anticipating it to go another 1000 rounds/10 more years. My practice shooters, with similar specs, are shot regularly in the warm months, often warm/hot, with higher volume. I'll generally replace the barrel 1000-1200 rounds at 1 MOA. I'll get a year, maybe two of use out of the barrel. For comparison, my competition barrels, 6.5's(6.5x47, 260, CM's) shot very hot in the summer with long strings, are replaced at around 2000-2200 rounds when flyers begin to show up. Interestingly, my 308's didn't run much longer under these conditions. I'm curious if anyone knows the conditions and accuracy criteria for GAP's claim of 3500 rounds of barrel life for the 6.5SAUM?
It has something to do with super secret squirrel ****.