6.5mm decisions...

I have two 6.5mm SA rifles. Both on a R700 SA actions. .260 Rem & 6.5 SLR. Both shoot the 140 Berger HVLD tremendously. And both fit the magazine just fine. One is a .0500" jump, the other a .0600" jump.

I went with the SAUM route for speed. Building it on an old Savage LA. The savage SA center feed magazines are long enough to shoot the 140 bergers above the case neck shoulder junction and still fit in the mag. Can't do that with the ELD's, would need a longer mag. I put the long baffle on the bolt so it shortens up the stroke and its still longer than a SA but works just fine. I would recommend going with a SA for the 6.5 SAUM. If you went with the 7mm SAUM, a LA would be a better fit.

About 8 years ago I went with the .260 because I wanted a long range AR for shooting predators and varmints. All the reading I'd done told me this was the ideal caliber for what I wanted to do.

It proved to be every bit the round I'd hoped and during it's first year of shooting it did absolutely everything I could ask for.

This year I got bit by the 6.5 bug again and bought a Ruger Hawkeye "FTW" edition .260 and a Remington 5R Gen 2 in the same caliber.

Both of them a performing well above their price point accuracy wise and are just a real pleasure to shoot.

I believe you can get the Creedmore in the same rifle platforms.

Ballistically they are pretty much twins and so close to the 6.5 Swede you basically have triplets to choose from none of which would be a bad choice.

I also have and truly enjoy shooting my .264wm as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.