6.5 x 68s

canguy

Hi All,
I'm wondering if anyone out there has ever worked with or modified the RWS 6.5 x 68s. I have been thinking of doing something with this cartridge but would like some info before I start down that road.
Has this been done before? What bullet, powder, charge, barrel twist is working or not working? Those basic questions.
I currently have a 30 x 68 and 7 x 68 but am wondering if the 6.5 x 68 is a bit overbore.
Thanks for any help & info.

Yes, work on the 6.5x68 has been done before and so has it been done with 8x68. For most of the in depth information you might try contacting Dave Tooley Rifles. His variation was named the Boo-Boo.

1712327797612.png

Dave is also on Facebook and can be reached through there.

I have my own variations on both cartridges but only in the sense of an 'improved' version with a 35 degree shoulder. The older design of the original cases lends itself to the improvement of those cases using any number of shoulder angles. There is a good improvement of powder capacity but that isn't the best reason to choose one.

The shoulder angle improvement creates better, more efficient burning of a larger selection of powders suited to that case.

Enjoy your search!

:)

Thanks ST for the reply.
Yes both my 30 x 68 & 7 x 68 which were built on the 8 x 68s use a 35* shoulder and a minimum case taper. I'll continue to search around and surely get in touch with Dave Tooley.