6.5 wssm

Foster_65

i have been tossing around the idea of building a 6.5 wssm. i am kinda in love wit the 6.5 mms and i have a wsm action just sitting around i would like to do something with. i have bigger guns (7 wsm) and would like something with a bit less recoil that will fit in a short action and the wsm bolt face. any suggestions would be great. i was thinking of the 130 bergers somewhere around 2900. is this possible. does anyone have anything like this and if so, what can you tell me about it. pros and cons. or any other suggestions on what to do with this action.
thanks guys

If I were making the call, I would opt for a 6.5 WSM over a 6.5 WSSM. The 7mm (or 277) WSM will have a larger case capacity. Additionally, the WSSM brass has been criticized for inconsistent accuracy related to thick necks. Just about every rifle maker that ever produced a WSSM rifle has discontinued their line making future availability of brass a distant second to the WSM brass. Just my two cents.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.