6.5 stw

bullet stabilsation is not a weight problem but a lenght problem 107 Scenar are very long ( longer than 120 gr SMK ) and need fast pitch to get stabilzed ( 1 in 9 is OK )

good shooting

DAN TEC

It was interesting to read the poor report on the 6.5 WSM. I was going to get a barrel for my Encore and was considering a 6.5 WSM from Virgin Valley, but decided to go with a .264 Win from the T/C Custom Shop, figuring that if Winchester comes out with a 6.5 with different dimensions than the wildcat, I would be stuck with it if I ever wanted to sell it. Looks like I made a good choice on caliber. I agree that I would trade a couple hundred fps for accuracy, especially when you are already talking magnum velocites. At practical long range deer hunting yardages (500 yds or less--and only if you know the yardage by some reliable method) 200 or 300 fps will only gain you a couple of inches of trajectory. Even the slightest wind will start to play havoc with your bullet when you stretch out the yardage.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.