6.5 ss final design

looks awesome !
is that the GAP camo pattern ?

when I ordered my McMillan HTG stock I could not decide on GAP or the Forest camo
eventually chose the Forest camo pattern,

that looks really sharp, might have to get one of those for my new wildcat

looks awesome !
is that the GAP camo pattern ?

when I ordered my McMillan HTG stock I could not decide on GAP or the Forest camo
eventually chose the Forest camo pattern,

that looks really sharp, might have to get one of those for my new wildcat

I bought it used but I'm pretty sure it is the GAP pattern....... Rich

...I'm still hoping to share a hole in a bear if my smith gets my rifle together. I'm fast running out of daylight with season ending in my unit the end of May.......Rich

Look's good. I was also hoping to hear of some bear hunting results from this spring. Anyhow, sounds like you can put her through the paces now that you've got the rifle in your hands. Enjoy!

Look's good. I was also hoping to hear of some bear hunting results from this spring. Anyhow, sounds like you can put her through the paces now that you've got the rifle in your hands. Enjoy!

Thanks Paul.....Hopefully you will have an S.I. before long!.......Rich

Hey Rich...I have a question...

This might sound stupid, or might not be possible, just curious though...

Are you going to design a reamer wtih a no-turn neck? Just a standard thickness neck for the RSAUM brass?

Also, is your 6.5 Sherman reamer a no-turn?

Reason I ask, is that I don't own a neck-turning tool, and anytime things can be simplified, I'm all about it. Especially with brass quality and tooling quality these days. My smith even agrees that neck-turning is almost a thing of the past (other than for BR comps and wildcatting) with the quality of today's high-quality brass.

Thanks.

Hey Rich...I have a question...

This might sound stupid, or might not be possible, just curious though...

Are you going to design a reamer wtih a no-turn neck? Just a standard thickness neck for the RSAUM brass?

Also, is your 6.5 Sherman reamer a no-turn?

Reason I ask, is that I don't own a neck-turning tool, and anytime things can be simplified, I'm all about it. Especially with brass quality and tooling quality these days. My smith even agrees that neck-turning is almost a thing of the past (other than for BR comps and wildcatting) with the quality of today's high-quality brass.

Thanks.

I already have one for the 6.5 sherman.I may add one later for the SS.....Rich

I already have one for the 6.5 sherman.I may add one later for the SS.....Rich
Cool! Keep me updated man! I'm not positive if I might have my .30-06 AI opened up to .300 Sherman or not. But it's always on the back on my mind. :D

If you had a set of carbide reamers for chamber & FL sizing die, I could open up my current nice Redding .30-06 AI dies (FL, Neck, and Seater) for the .300 Sherman. Quick, simple, and easy.

Cool! Keep me updated man! I'm not positive if I might have my .30-06 AI opened up to .300 Sherman or not. But it's always on the back on my mind. :D

If you had a set of carbide reamers for chamber & FL sizing die, I could open up my current nice Redding .30-06 AI dies (FL, Neck, and Seater) for the .300 Sherman. Quick, simple, and easy.

Whidden has a carbide reamer for it, but I doubt they would use it to open up your Redding die!:D.......Rich

Whidden has a carbide reamer for it, but I doubt they would use it to open up your Redding die!:D.......Rich
It's kinda hard to chunk an almost new $110 set of dies...Especially since all it needs is the walls opened up and the shoulder pushed a bit forward. :D

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.