6.5 PRC

Ditto on Creedmoor Sposts. They're great to work with.
Hodgdon H1000 works beautifully for me. IMR7828ssc is a decent back-up.

Berger 140 VLD's, Berger 140 Hybrids and Lapua 139 Scenars are all good choices for bullets.

The Hornady brass works well, assuming competent preparation. I had a lot of trouble with ADG brass with hard bolt lift. Upon consultation with them, they confirmed that they had seen some problems with their 6.5 PRC brass. That was two years ago, so they may have successfully addressed the situation since. They're an excellent company, and I was impressed that they owned up to
the problem.

Federal 210m primers tested out to be the best for me

Hodgdon H1000 works beautifully for me. IMR7828ssc is a decent back-up.

Berger 140 VLD's, Berger 140 Hybrids and Lapua 139 Scenars are all good choices for bullets.

The Hornady brass works well, assuming competent preparation. I had a lot of trouble with ADG brass with hard bolt lift. Upon consultation with them, they confirmed that they had seen some problems with their 6.5 PRC brass. That was two years ago, so they may have successfully addressed the situation since. They're an excellent company, and I was impressed that they owned up to
the problem.

Federal 210m primers tested out to be the best for me
I've been using H-4831 being the only powder I can get my hands on. Fed 210 Primers, Hornady Brass, and 156 Berger eol's for my fall Elk hunt

I have alot of powder but I bought a 6.5 PRC last week. Wow, I would have a better chance of finding a Polar Bear here in AR this summer than finding ANY brass it appears!:oops:
I have plenty other rifles to shoot but we all know how we get eager to try out a rifle.
Try Graff and Sons, Peterson Brass, I got two boxes for my 6.5x300. Love the brass.

Hi everybody, new to the forum. My kids bought me a Browning X bolt long range hunter in the 6.5 PRC. I put a Leupold Mark 5HD 5x25x56 on it. Just got back into reloading so I have the RCBS dies, Hornady brass, Federal 210 LR primers, Berger 156 gn EOL's bullets but can't find any powders. First, any recommendations as to where I can buy any powders and 2nd, looking for any and all advice on loads for that bullet, thanks so much in advance!
The following powders will work very good for the 156 EOL and I've seen people claiming they have loaded these,

IMR7977 - hard to find - I have tested it in the 6.5 PRC with very good results
IMR8133 - easier to find - I have tested it in the 6.5 PRC with very good results
H1000 - hard to find - I have tested it in the 6.5 PRC with very good results
RL26 - very hard to find - I have tested it in the 6.5 PRC with very good results, just can't get any
N565 - easier to find, Bruno's has it in stock
N568 - New powder, Bruno's has it in stock
N570 - easier to find, Bruno's has it in stock
Retumbo - Very hard to find, I think the military is using it in their new 300 PRCs
US868

The slower powders like IMR8133, Retumbo, US869 and N570 may give a little lower velocity than the medium speed ones like 7977, H1000. The RL26 powder will likely give the highest velocity but may or may not give the best accuracy.

Faster powders like H4831 may pressure out very early with the 156. The issue with this is that will cause lower load densities which usually give poor consistency results.

I am shooting H1000 in my primary hunting load with the 156 EOL. I have had very good accuracy and consistency with this load. I have found in the short mags I've loaded for, 270 WSM 300 WSM and the 6.5 PRC that the large rifle primers worked the best for me from an ES and SD standpoint. I have heard people report the mag primers causing pressure sooner but I have not seen this. I have just seen better stats from the large rifles, so I go with them.

My 156 EOL load is 58.2gr H1000, CCI BR2s, Hornady cases, and bullet seated at .015in off. With my 26in Proof Sendero this load is giving 3040fps verified at 550, 700, and 1000 yards. I tried several other bullet powder combos and had very good accuracy results as well. I settled on the 156 because of its long range performance as most of our hunting is in longer range situations. For tight range situations I have a Barnes 127 LRX load with IMR8133 that is super accurate but starts running out of gas around 600 yards.

Something to watch for with shot cases is the sizing around the web area of the case. If you have a SAAMI chamber then you need to get that area, about .2in. above the base, to 0.532 or smaller. Otherwise sized cases will close snug or tight in your rifle which can result in overpressure even with otherwise safe powder charges. What I found with my Hornady Match Grade FL bushing die was if I set it to push the shoulder back .004-.005 in. (not the .002in Dogma) the web area would turn out properly sized almost every time.