6.5 PRC bolt click?

It usually starts as a click right at the top end of the bolt lift just before the extraction ramp and into it. So basically the bolt has to kind of pop the case loose from the chamber. Next level is the case sticks and you experience hard bolt lift. The final level is the sob sticks in the chamber and you need rod to tap it out.

I experienced most of this around stage1 3x, stage 2 4x, stage 3 5x. Stage 3 I was in panic mode and digging into the issue. Like you, I've never had this issue before. In talking to whidden, they said it is more common in short magnum style cases and heavy web brass. I think because the whole issue is so weird people are struggling with the premise. For example, why does a SAUM or WSM not have this issue. On another note, there is a reason small base dies are made. It addresses this issue in other cartridges as well.
Probably why I had a similar issue with a AR in 6.5 Grendel. Short chubby case. After resizing full length would not chamber. I was told a small base die would eliminate the issue. Still need to try.

I think you mentioned you had base of your chamber opened up .002 in your PRC and no more issues?

Interesting. Hadn't heard people had issues with the custom dies. Do you know if that's right off the bat or after a certain amount of reloads? My die is working very well so far. Fall back is the reamer.
The issue appears about the third reload. Many people use standard dies without a problem.

Probably why I had a similar issue with a AR in 6.5 Grendel. Short chubby case. After resizing full length would not chamber. I was told a small base die would eliminate the issue. Still need to try.

I think you mentioned you had base of your chamber opened up .002 in your PRC and no more issues?
Yes the small base die should do it for your grendel.

I have the reamer but haven't used it yet.

I have a custom whidden die that reduces the web to .5295. My other dies only reduced the web base to .5310 to .5315. Once I hit 5295 to 5300 everything works as it should.

Whidden says most complaints are around the ADG brass causing. I think it may be to early for the jury to be out on Lapua as there's not much of it being used that far into the firing cycle. Curious if the guys running the recent released Nosler are experiencing the dreaded "click"?

It usually starts as a click right at the top end of the bolt lift just before the extraction ramp and into it. So basically the bolt has to kind of pop the case loose from the chamber. Next level is the case sticks and you experience hard bolt lift. The final level is the sob sticks in the chamber and you need rod to tap it out.

I experienced most of this around stage1 3x, stage 2 4x, stage 3 5x. Stage 3 I was in panic mode and digging into the issue. Like you, I've never had this issue before. In talking to whidden, they said it is more common in short magnum style cases and heavy web brass. I think because the whole issue is so weird people are struggling with the premise. For example, why does a SAUM or WSM not have this issue. On another note, there is a reason small base dies are made. It addresses this issue in other cartridges as well.
While I do not have this issue with my 6.5 PRC I do experience it with my 7 SAUM which is why I have been following these conversations.
Small base dies are normally made for cartridges used in semi-auto's to allow them to function properly.

While I do not have this issue with my 6.5 PRC I do experience it with my 7 SAUM which is why I have been following these conversations.
Small base dies are normally made for cartridges used in semi-auto's to allow them to function properly.

Generally when people run semi brass in a bolt they need the small base to chamber in the tighter tolerance spec bolt rifle. AR's do tend to need a more generous chamber. I'm not a big ar guy but have mess with sharing ammo and can be a messy process.

What 7 SAUM brass are you getting clickers with?

Interesting. I'm fighting them in a 6.5 Saum right now with ADG brass (who makes Gunwerks brass). What's interesting is I get enough sizing on Norma brass that it doesn't happen.

Just buy a die from Bullet Central and itll solve your problem. They might even have em instock. Best dies on the market. Hands down. ZERO runout.