6.5 Grendel Nosler Bullet Choice - Deer Hunting

I've never had a bullet leave more blood on the ground than a BT, whether there was an exit hole or not. I'm of the opinion that BT's function better pushed slower. I don't have any experience with them out of the Grendel, yet, but it has been on the list for a while. My guess is that they would be ideal out of the Grendel inside velocity and energy range limits.

I load both Nosler 120 Gr BT Spitzer and Sierra 120 Gr Spitzer with AA2520 about 2560 FPS and it shoots less than .5 MOA, 22" BBL. I have never missed out to 350 Yds and have only had 1 out of 40 or so that I couldn't find and it was a neck shot at 80 yards was a sickening day, probably the best little rifle I own. Those 2 bullets have dropped some huge hogs as well, not a quiver.

They kill way above their weight. I shot 123 SST before switching to Hammer Hunter bullets. Quite a few kids killed their first deer with it. Most did a dirt nap or ran about 40 yards. One young man shot a 190 pound 9 point, Hit it behind right front shoulder from quartring away and out left side of his neck. No Central nervous system involved, But he just pitched over onto his nose and kicked a few times.

They kill way above their weight. I shot 123 SST before switching to Hammer Hunter bullets. Quite a few kids killed their first deer with it. Most did a dirt nap or ran about 40 yards. One young man shot a 190 pound 9 point, Hit it behind right front shoulder from quartring away and out left side of his neck. No Central nervous system involved, But he just pitched over onto his nose and kicked a few times.
I would love to get some, but it will take me a while to get through the bullets I have on hand. I did a buying spree when I first started reloading. I offloaded quite a few I don;t use and still have enough to get me through years and years of shooting. Trying to cool my heels.

I would go Etip or BT. At best your getting 2550 fps at the muzzle. So at longer 6.5 Grendel ranges, 350-400 yards for hunting, you'll want that bullet to open up. Etip has a higher bc. But under 400 yards that won't mean much.
Fun fact: The Honady 123 gr American Gunner ammo kills deer very well. They list it as target/hunting ammo. Pic was at 100 yards. For all the non reloads out there.
For steel banging try a 123 Nos CC. It's been sub moa in 3 Grendels I put together, and for a few people I suggested it to that were having trouble. One thing about the 6.5 Grendel is it will make you a better wind caller at longer ranges, 500-1000 yards.
Is that the exit wound? If so, that's all the 'performance' I need!

A2460, correct?

I didn't think any powder was faster then cfe223 in a 6.5 Grendel. With a max load of 30.9 grs of cfe223 am getting 2550 in the heat of summer and it drops all the way down to 2470's fps in the winter. It will even put a couple holes in 2 or 3 primers in the summer heat. Cfe223 sucks for temp stability. I just got some n133 to try. Probably should've got n135, I see soon. A2520 shot well but slower then cfe223, about like 8208.

I didn't think any powder was faster then cfe223 in a 6.5 Grendel. With a max load of 30.9 grs of cfe223 am getting 2550 in the heat of summer and it drops all the way down to 2470's fps in the winter. It will even put a couple holes in 2 or 3 primers in the summer heat. Cfe223 sucks for temp stability. I just got some n133 to try. Probably should've got n135, I see soon. A2520 shot well but slower then cfe223, about like 8208.
I would rather have stability over losing some speed. In NC this year, I had one morning I was in the blind that was in the single digits. Had a budget scope and it completely whited out. Don't have that scope anymore. I am going to work the Benchmark and H335 for the Gold Dots.

I would rather have stability over losing some speed. In NC this year, I had one morning I was in the blind that was in the single digits. Had a budget scope and it completely whited out. Don't have that scope anymore. I am going to work the Benchmark and H335 for the Gold Dots.
You probably already know that H335 is temperature sensitive, Benchmark or 8208XBR are more temperature stable.

Yeah I using it for banging steel not hunting. I agree about stability. I use "H" powders and rl16 pretty much exclusively for that reason in my hunting loads.
Edit: I ment Hodgdon extreme powders.