6.5 Creedmoor Reloading Dies

Skullcandy33

So I have been reading this part of the forum for a little while. I am looking to start reloading for my 6.5CM. I am looking for what dies I need. I just went through the shoulder bump thread and def want to have that ability. I have a standard Hornady lock and load ss press. I was going to go with the Match grade die set from Hornady to start. What neck& shoulder die would be ideal?

Thanks

The Lee Ultimate die set, works just fine. Add to that, the Hornady seater die with the Micro-Just seating stem and appropriate bullet seating stems.

Or, if you're wanting to level-up....

Go Hornady Match Grade die set, but you're going to have to purchase/select at least 3 bushing sizes, for your selected cases.

Further leveling-up from the previous two, starts leading you down the rabbit hole with Alice!

I want to do this once. I reload for .308, 300 Blk, and 6.5cm exclusively so if I can get the right equipment to last me for a good while then I would go that route.

Forster bump die set with three bushings (they sell as a kit), and benchrest ultra mic seater.

I have the Hornady Match Grade set, like it fine, but you said do it once so just get the Forster. The Hornady mic seater is a big meh compared to Redding or Forster.

Or go whole-hog and get one of every Redding die sold for the chambering (FL, standard seater, neck, body, bushing FL, S-Type bushing FL, Comp seater), but that's $600+ when you could just get the Forster set for $300 and be done. All the extra would get is you stuff to play around with, it wouldn't actually do anything better for you. But said as a person who has to pee on the electric fence for himself sometimes, the only way to kill the cat of curiosity is to pay for it and do it yourself. If that takes buying way too many dies, that's what it takes.

Lots of ideas and input for sure. Any FL sizing die will bump the shoulder and last a lifetime. I use Redding, RCBS, and Hornday dies for rifle....besides my carbide 223 and 308 Dillon dies. I only have two of the stupid expensive Micrometer Seating dies and for me not worth the extra cost. I just take a few small adjustments as I measure and I'm dead nuts or within 1K. You can spend what ever you want on dies and other stuff, and there is a lot I have wasted money on because someone said it was the best and I needed or should have it.

Lee's will get you there but if your interested in spending more money. I like the Foresters and Redding dies just FL resize don't waste your time on neck sizing just don't push your shoulders back more than about .015