6.5 Creedmoor AR

jbs2014

All

I am looking to get an AR-10 in 6.5 Creedmoor. I noticed Stag Arms makes one. Are they any good? Any particular brand that you all would recommend to get or avoid?

Thanks for you time

I have a seekins sp10 it shoots 1/2 Moa with factory Hornady ammo loaded with the 140 eld m

I put together my own off a Mega Maten combo upper/lower/hand guard, proof research carbon fiber barrel, JP HP BCG,JP silent capture spring, geissele SSA-E trigger, and Magpul PRS Stock. I have only shot factory Hornady 143 Eld-x precision hunter ammo through it and it is extremely accurate. I hope that I can improve on the accuracy with my hand loads but even if I can equal the accuracy I would be happy.

How are those carbon fiber barrels? I know they are lighter than steel but are they just as accurate?

194C017E-2033-4684-A5DA-51E1FB5214C4.jpeg
28 Nosler 961 yds Proof Sendero lite 195 Bergers at 3100 fps they shoot well enough for me

How are those carbon fiber barrels? I know they are lighter than steel but are they just as accurate?

AP M5E1 20" BA Barrel 1:8TR
Served me well past year half.
All hand loads sub MOA.

What bullet, primer, and powder did you use if you don't mind me asking? Did you try any of the Berger stuff? I can't seem to get Bergers to hit the velocity numbers I want with other calibers.

What bullet, primer, and powder did you use if you don't mind me asking? Did you try any of the Berger stuff? I can't seem to get Bergers to hit the velocity numbers I want with other calibers.

I'm working with quite a few bullets right now.
All my published data loads are here

I've also got 6 more bullets I am currently working on.
I don't chase after velocity as much as I do accuracy for my hunting distances.

I have an ar10 i just put together in december witb 30 rounds through it that im interested in selling. Send me a pm and i can tell you more if interested.

I have an ar10 i just put together in december witb 30 rounds through it that im interested in selling. Send me a pm and i can tell you more if interested.

Thank you so much for the offer and sorry for the late response. I had already purchased a Seekins Precision prior to your post.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.