6.5 Creedmoor, 20" Barrel, load data?

Sniper97, what brass are you using (brand and number of firings)?

Guess I should have put that in my original response to you. I run Lapua brass which uses a small rifle primer (I run CCI 450 sr magnum primers which have a harder cup) which means that in theory it should have a much stronger case head.

That'd be my only caveat, brass quality probably more important than which primer you are running. The sierra data I copied when I started my load development was using large rifle primers. If you are running any good brand of brass (Nosler, Norma, Alpha, or even Starline gets the nod from what I have seen), you should be fine.

I haven't tried to reload any of my Hornady brass, but it seems to be that the consensus is it is pretty soft and doesnt handle pressure as well. I've seen more than one account of loose pockets and split case heads with not very many firings. It wouldn't be my choice if I was going to start to chase higher pressures.

Most accurate viler I've loaded is the LeHigh Defense 122 Controlled Chaos. I've got it burning just under 2975 FPS. Don't use it hunting but man it's accurate and bucks the wind really well.

I've shot the 120-123gr and mostly the 140gr for long range H4350 is the go to powder for creedmoor but superformance works well as does Hodgden 4831SC the accuracy with is was fantastic but I couldn't get the velocity I was looking for 1000+yd shooting, for hunting or closer range 4831SC maybe my first pick

I am shooting 41.5 grains of RL17 with 140 eldm. H4350 doesn't give me as good of velocity. I have a 22" Ruger RAP and a 20" Weatherby Camilla. Three weeks ago I shot a .212" and a .217" three shot group with the RAP. With same gun I shot a five shot .416" group. The Weatherby is a half inch shooter. I chronoed both rifles. My RAP 22" barrel averaged 2725 fps and my Weatherby 20" barrel averaged 2675 fps.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.