6.5 Creedmoor load data

Jason at Old Dominion did text me about that. And I was at Steele reloaders the other day shootin the **** I didn't see much there.

You are right, Steele does not have much but he said he had gotten a bunch of Reloader powder-I bought 19 and 22 for my 280ai-working on loads with 22 so I thought I would try 19 also. Could not get beans out of the H4350 with it, but the 22 is promising.

from the back of the hornady loaded ammo. start low and work high as a lot of times published data is real conservative

from the back of the hornady loaded ammo. start low and work high as a lot of times published data is real conservative

This is correct. Even the hornady reloading manual says that the max load is less than what it says on their factory ammo box!(140 A-max). This cartridge has a greater potential than what the data says.

I have ran my load up to 41gr of H4350, and I am starting to get flat primers, would this be the point to stop? I have no extractor marks on my case or other signs of pressure.
I am shooting a Browning Abolt,it shoots 1/4 MOA at 100 with this load.

I got one for ya guys, I have opened up Factory Hornady Match 140's and 3 of them were loaded to 44.8 and one was 44.9. I was wondering why I was getting 2815fps out of a 24" barrel.

We run 43.5 gr of H4350 in ours with a 140 HVLD going 2935. This load is safe in my rifle and we have brass going on its tenth reload pockets still tight. The rifle wears a 28in Bartlein barrel so keep that in mind for the velocity gun)

I run 42.5 grains of H4350 with 140 VLD's and I am not showing any high pressure signs. Out of my 24" barrel I am running 2850 fps. Using the Hornady A-maxes I have to drop down to 42 grains and it runs 2775 fps but both loads shoot great. I have reloaded some of my cases 8 times and the primer pockets are still tight.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.