6.5 CM bullet

Bullets can and will do funny things for sure. The first deer my wife shot with a 243 and a 100 gr partition she hit in center of shoulder and somehow the bullet turned 90 degrees and it looked like you'd sawed that deers ribs into with a meat saw. We found the bullet in the ham . I still to this day do not understand or know how this took place . The deer was perfectly broadside.
Another time while shooting groundhogs one summer I shot one with my 308 shooting 150 gr corelokts was shooting them up for the brass. We seen a whistle pig and ranged him at 210 yards on a rock down below us in the field . Shot him and he just lay there never moved or nothing my buddy said he seen a red mist in the spotting scope when I shot , so we walked down there and he was dead as a door nail . The bullet however was laying maybe an inch and a half away from him perfect mushroom just like you'd placed it there . Still scratching my head on that one too

The scenario is interesting. I also have seen some pretty crazy results with several bullets that I have shot at game over the years. This year I shot an antelope at 545 yards with a 140 grain Berger Elite Hunter out of a 6.5 x 284 travelling at 2750 fps. The antelope was down hill from my location quartering away but on an uphill slope. I had a dead rest and when I pulled the trigger the Antelope just dropped, never even kicked. I was tickled to say the least. When I skinned the antelope the bullet had gone in high mid rib cage which was exactly where I was aiming, but instead of going out through the lungs and out the bottom of the animal it somehow took a right turn and hit the spine right at the junction of the base of the skull, completely shattering the backbone. The lungs were toast and no signs of any trauma on the underside of the animal at all.
I think the answer you are looking for is non existent, sometimes "things happens" is the only way to explain it.

Shooting uphill or down hill you will shoot high, not low.
I agree with the recommendation to switch to lighter Barnes TTSX or LRX bullets and send them out faster. Takes a long distance for a heavy bullet to catch them.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.