6.5 bullet 142 MK O.A.L. question

wildcat

I just did a O.A.L test on my 6.5 Sierra 142 MK'S. I took 126 bullets and measured there O.A.L. The spread for 83 bullets measured from 1.371 (the shortest) to 1.386 (the longest) only a few of those were within .002 of each other. I was able to get 43 bullets to measure within .002 of each other, the O.A.L of these bullets measured 1.375 to 1.377, I will load these for my longrange group testing. My question is, I am trying to be very consistant for Longrange shooting so is it important for the bullets to be within .002 of each other or is it ok for that much of a spread in O.A.L. Any help would be wonderful, I am trying to learn everything I can. Thanks for the help, Wildcat!

Wildcat

Might want to repost this at bullets ,bbls, ballistics, or perhaps at handloading. The aged and flatulent individuals ( /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I'm only kidding , Len, Dave)that own this joint might be forced to make a change because of your error in placement.
Anyway , do so and watch the responses fly, see ya, Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.