6.5 build from Rem 700 308 action??

Dalebow

I have a Stainless 700 action with the new tubb replacement bolt in 308, any reason I cant rebarrel it to 6.5 creedmore??
Thanks
Dale

I no nothing about the Tubb 308 replacement bolt but I do know that the 6.5 Creedmoor has the same head size as the 308Win. Specialty pistols (XP-100) in 7mmBR are re-chambered and re-barreled quite often to other cartridges with the same case head dimensions.

It will work just fine, however, I urge you to look strongly at the 6.5x47Lapua. It has a ballistic edge over the Crede and better brass is available (Lapua).

No problem.

Just a suggestion , but have you thought about the 260 Remington ? It is simply a 308 necked
down to 6.5 And ballistically the same.

No special dies are needed and ammo is readily available.

J E CUSTOM

I am not a handloader(I know a sin here:)) so looking at commerial ammo the 6.5 superformance is cruising at 3010fps the fastest 260 I can find is 2950 from conely precision ammo unless someone knows of another source.

I am not a handloader(I know a sin here:)) so looking at commerial ammo the 6.5 superformance is cruising at 3010fps the fastest 260 I can find is 2950 from conely precision ammo unless someone knows of another source.

Cor-Bon has some that is 3000 ft/sec.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.