6.5 BEANMORE

Hey Fordy. How does that Peacock taste?
Gday @HNDLDR
They are very very good

71F7E133-58B4-43B3-B5E9-7CFDE594A929.jpeg6CE39632-C899-4076-A5F6-F18AD0439A70.jpeg68E6914E-E32E-47EA-B50F-BA456D2294A6.jpeg

the 4 meats served up are peacock , turkey , swan & goose topped off with salad & chips from my mates place
That living off the land

Oh is that why condors have low numbers because they taste so good 😜

Cheers

Attachments

• 88B51D23-4238-4BB4-9BEF-A1B9F73269D2.jpeg
    88B51D23-4238-4BB4-9BEF-A1B9F73269D2.jpeg
    300.3 KB · Views: 26
Gday dougduey
Thanks for the kind words

I better come clean on a few fronts

1st I learnt headshots the hard way as for a while one company I shot for if you didn't headshot you didn't get paid for that critter
Plain & simple
Which was a waste of a bullet & critter as it was just left to rot ( neck shots also weren't allowed )
So money down the drain & I was tight for every cent I could get

2nd
I missed a few don't worry about that
The wind played havoc with me on those head shots plus those peacocks are incredibly hard as unless they are in a tree they basically don't stop moving their heads in the open grasslands ( I didn't shoot any up in trees as I was unfamiliar with where everything was eg neighbours , cattle , roads etc so I just didn't squeeze off on them in that position but amongst the trees on ground level I got better opportunities )

3rd the wallaby on this property were extremely dumb as not shot @ for a incredibly long time & most never heard a rifle im sure

4th & this is where this cup come in
View attachment 532850
One of your homeland guys yes a yank 😜 came out to Aussie last year & he struggled to hit our wallaby in the head or even chest as some of these critters have seen to many mates become victims & not that easy so it was just advised to go centre mass as I needed to get numbers down on that property ( shooting a300 rum or 375 rum or 500 Jeffery centremass they don't go far even with a c&c target bullet 🤣 )
So now it's a running joke between us & a few mates as if they are hard just go centre mass & id opened my mouth on there will be no centre mass on this trip
Hence the cup pic 😇

Enough of that let's get back to the beanmore & pills

On that trip
A few pills used
Took a 100 fireform loads with the 80hht ( seated only one band in neck as looking @ a couple things with that pill )
Velocity unknown groups unknown but proved deadly on wallaby to 175 ish

95 loads of 85hh @3710 & grouped like this @100 just prior to leaving as I wanted a fast pill for the head shots as a shorter time of flight is valuable imo for better results prior to that I had @3400 load
View attachment 532852
This was my hammer trail load which proved extremely valuable to work actual wind out as I sux @ wind reading on gusts between 10&25 & then gaps between hedge rows funnelled wind plus combining it all together just when the heads stationary
Yep I missed a fair few ( roughly 60% head shots on the birds that 1st day & no lost critters all trip )

Lastly took 5x125hht @3050 incase I saw a deer & no luck on that front but that was my 500 & in pill & worked well on peacocks @10 yard or less 😜

I've used the following in the beanmore
80 ,118&125hht
85,99 ,110&124 hh
97AH
By far my favourite is that 125 hht as that dumped buff cows across various angles & blew me away & yet still works very well on deer etc
I like the 97AH also but that 85hh is so accurate & I love speed so that's up there also but not on big critters for me although I'll take them if the opportunity exists if that's what's in the magazine just lucky it's a Beanmore pushing it out right 🤪😜

I think we are lacking a 100ish weight in the hht or a absolute tipped so I await those 🤔😎but hope they come around as hopefully I can get my body back in cull mode as I need to do some camel reconnaissance for a future planned trip so be good to use them on those guys & notch another species up to the beanmore

Here's one that is going to make some of the purists potentially shutter a bit 🫣🫣

This beanmore has had just over 1600 rounds down the barrel now & still hasn't been cleaned & it's also not had to be rezeroed since the first day & it's only zeroed for the 125hht

Must be a beanmore thing 🤷‍♂️🤪😜
Sorry for the dribble but I love my beanmore 😍

Cheers
Thanks for all the info, Fordy!!! Truly appreciate you taking the time to fill me in. I was thinking the 125 HHT or 124 HH would probably be really good in the Beanmore. I shoot the 124 HH in my 6.5-284 and love it. Kinda wished that rifle wasn't with the gunsmith getting a new barrel when I found out about the BeanMore or I may have cancelled the project. But, like many of us on this site say, I NEED another rifle and the BeanMore sounds like the perfect choice.

I have been meaning to get here since this morning. For those of you who don't know, a couple of years ago we were trying to think of a way to prank Bean. Wouldn't it be funny to send him a Creedmoor? He hates those. He we have one that we paid all of $200 for, we'll send it to him. The original thread is still out there. Something like I've been bamboozled. I'll find the link later so guys that didn't see it can get up to speed. That joke that turned into a huge long thread running for a year plus, riding Butterbean like a rented mule was priceless! That is the reason that his avatar has a man bun. Guys started calling it the Beanmoor, so that got us to thinking. Why don't we design a cartridge and call it the BeanMore. Spelled intentionally that way because it is More and Bean needed it! So the joke took on legs as the few people that we told about it all thought it was great. And nobody let it slip! We decided that we should come up with a cartridge design that anyone with a Creedmoor could simply run the reamer in for a new chamber in the BeanMore. That way they could let go of the skinny jeans and man buns and no longer need more from their Creedmoor. As we designed it we got 6.5 into the dimensions anywhere we could. Like a 36.5* shoulder. No point in a standard barrel length, they have a 23.5" barrel. We wanted to do a 6.5" twist but decided to run with a 7" twist. The parent case is the 308 win, so brass could be sourced from any of that family and fire formed. Although when Bruce Bertram was told about the story, he was all in. He hates the Creed too! We got a small run of head stamped brass giving us about 20k on hand. Still needs to be fire formed into the actual BeanMore but designed for a slight crush fit on virgin brass so no fire forming issues that often come with wildcats. If this actually get legs future head stamped brass is not a problem. Initial loading of the BeanMore shows about 150-200 fps more than the Creed for same bullets. Kinda lands it between the Creedmoor and the 6.5 PRC. So much More than a Creedmoor!

Here are the rifle specs. Mac Brothers Evo II short action, Krieger 1-7" twist finished at 23.5". Threaded 1/2x28 with a thread cap. Ready for suppressor or brake. Barrel and thread cap are nitrided. Glass bedded into a Peak 44 Blacktooth in black carbon with Hawkins M5 Hunter DBM bottom metal. Then set to life with a Trigger Tech adjustable down to 1.5 lbs.

Anyone interested in getting a BeanMore rifle, they are $3200 plus shipping and transfer. I still need to figure out price for the dies and brass.

For those that are interested in re-chambering a Needmoor into a BeanMore, price starts at $170 plus shipping for a naked rifle. Some rifles could be more if there is issues getting the barrel off the action.

So the moral of the story is No longer should anyone feel the need for more from their Creedmoor when all they have to do is get a BeanMore. Because it IS MORE.
Dammit, I already know I'm going to buy one.

Thanks for all the info, Fordy!!! Truly appreciate you taking the time to fill me in. I was thinking the 125 HHT or 124 HH would probably be really good in the Beanmore. I shoot the 124 HH in my 6.5-284 and love it. Kinda wished that rifle wasn't with the gunsmith getting a new barrel when I found out about the BeanMore or I may have cancelled the project. But, like many of us on this site say, I NEED another rifle and the BeanMore sounds like the perfect choice.
Yet another rifle. Just we need. 🤣

I'm planning my build as we speak. Spoke with bro Bean earlier about the barrel.
I'm with Fordy, we need a 100 grain.

Fordy: Are you crimping your brass?
Gday cowboy
Not on the beanmore yet with a Lee crimp as it's not made yet 🤫
I have been playing with a few of the roll crimps but overall that's not working as easy as a Lee crimp ( I'm a simple person & just like simple processes)

The 97AH I like this pill terminally but my groups I struggle to get 3/4 Moa on a consistent base & more 1 to 1&1/2 moa ( this is based off mainly wallaby heads as target eg I like to call my shots & the 85hh if I aim for a eye I usually impact the eye the 97AH I rarely hit the eye or calling between eyes or deer I like to aim for a specific spot on shoulder or a particular hair twirl etc )

I believe once I get a Lee fcd I will fix the accuracy issues I'm having with the 97AH 🤷‍♂️ & on my accuracy issues on that pill I'm overall not worried where it is on most species I take @ 500 & in there is no need to be worried about a 1moa load imo as it's going well inside the vital size of those critters but heads of peacocks & turkeys etc that 97AH load was never going to cut it for me

Cheers

Gday cowboy
Not on the beanmore yet with a Lee crimp as it's not made yet 🤫
I have been playing with a few of the roll crimps but overall that's not working as easy as a Lee crimp ( I'm a simple person & just like simple processes)

The 97AH I like this pill terminally but my groups I struggle to get 3/4 Moa on a consistent base & more 1 to 1&1/2 moa ( this is based off mainly wallaby heads as target eg I like to call my shots & the 85hh if I aim for a eye I usually impact the eye the 97AH I rarely hit the eye or calling between eyes or deer I like to aim for a specific spot on shoulder or a particular hair twirl etc )

I believe once I get a Lee fcd I will fix the accuracy issues I'm having with the 97AH 🤷‍♂️ & on my accuracy issues on that pill I'm overall not worried where it is on most species I take @ 500 & in there is no need to be worried about a 1moa load imo as it's going well inside the vital size of those critters but heads of peacocks & turkeys etc that 97AH load was never going to cut it for me

Cheers
Fordy. What twist, and barrel length is your rifle. And, would you change anything on the specs! Thanks for all your wise words.

Last edited:
Gday 7stw
Fordy. What twist, and barrel length is your rifle. And, would you change anything on the specs! Thanks for all your wise words.

My twist is a 7
I really wanted a 6.5 😜😇but my local barrel maker only does a 7 🥲
Barrel length I'd 565 mm with a 16.5mm muzzle diameter also had a 665mm barrel length spun up also as replacement but my mate couldn't help himself & he now has a beanmore also

Pretty well anything could get with 6 5 in it went into mine

Anything I'd change 🤔
only get a 6.5 twist barrel not from a terminal performance position as a 7 twist is one that gives us enough of a Band-Aid ( insurance ) on that 125hht & that pill is the gold standard from what I've shot so far across various species from rabbits to asiatic buff

Terminally I like the to come 100 ish gr pill but to keep the 65 beanmore thoughts going
I want a 65 gr pill doing 4065 fps 😜4165 be better 🤣
Now that would be a good peacock load in the tea tree
Yes I love speed & time of flight trumps most things if the pill can handle it of course as no good when penertration is compromised

For your build
potentially as I don't know your application
Length of barrel & profile is one I'd concentrate my efforts on as if your going to shoot multiple strings or a few shots in succession makes a difference imo along with the terrain you shoot in
eg thick timber I like 20-22 in barrels
open country 26

But overall I'm not the one really to ask for the real fine details as way better people understand these things & qualified on that front

Cheers