6.5 4s reamer help

JD250

Finally got all my parts and pieces for my 6.5 saum build and need to decide which reamer to use its build off a defiance action with bartlein 2b @ 24" I plan on shooting 140 bergers out of hornaday 6.5 4s brass I've been reading a lot about it and some say the .081 and it sounds like gap has changed to .120 if any one has some insite on this and could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it
Thanks

I just built one with .081" FB right before they switched to .120", and because I too will be shooting 140 burgers, I just sent mine back to get the FB lengthened to .120". If you want to shoot all types of bullets and weights, stick to .081. But if you are going to be shooting the longer bullets, go with the .120.

For anyone out there shooting the .120 fb what's the coal with the 140 bergers or jlk's? I'm running a wyatts extended box and just want to make sure they'll still fit... don't want a single shot....

I have a .81 and am shooting the 140 JLK and 140 Berger Elite in a Defiance action with a Wyatt extended box . I have plenty of extra room. Wish I had gone with the 120 reamer. GAP is recommending the 120 that is what they originally built they first rifles with and have gone back to. What ever you go with you will love it I love mine.

I have a .81 and am shooting the 140 JLK and 140 Berger Elite in a Defiance action with a Wyatt extended box . I have plenty of extra room. Wish I had gone with the 120 reamer. GAP is recommending the 120 that is what they originally built they first rifles with and have gone back to. What ever you go with you will love it I love mine.

Why do you wish you had gone with the 120? I read that the 120 should help with some of the pressure problems some guys are having or do you just want to seat the 140's longer?

I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but in case you find it pertinent..
I'm running .153 FB for the 147 Eld-M... I'm at 2.956" to the lands (base to tip)... and still have plenty of room to chase with that much FB....Norma 7 SAUM necked down, 59.9 gr H1000 and .020" off the lands, no pressure. 2960 fps right now with a 24" 8 twist bartlein... and based on what I've read, I should see it speed up another 80-100 fps here pretty quick. The 140's are slightly flatter, but the 147 still bucks the wind better. Eld-m BC has been spot on for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts