6.5-300 wsm build

roughneck065

Hey guys was wondering if anyone has any idea what the most economical way to go about having one of these built? I'd like to do it on 700 action have several of them sitting around collecting dust. Would like to stay under 2gs, on rifle alone can it be done?

Provided you already have a stock, yes you can. A quality rifle stock finished, inletted & bedded can run you a grand alone.

A quality barrel will run ~$315.00
Chamber, crown & install ~$225.00
Truing your 700 will be ~$150.00
Muzzle thread run ~$75.00
Jewell Triggers run ~$210.00
The last brake I bought was ~$140.00 (Badger FTE)
Cerakote I can't recall but figure on ~$150.00

That puts you just under $1200 smackers for a near full tilt custom. I have the 6.5WSM on a Stiller action, great choice.

t

Provided you already have a stock, yes you can. A quality rifle stock finished, inletted & bedded can run you a grand alone.

A quality barrel will run ~$315.00
Chamber, crown & install ~$225.00
Truing your 700 will be ~$150.00
Muzzle thread run ~$75.00
Jewell Triggers run ~$210.00
The last brake I bought was ~$140.00 (Badger FTE)
Cerakote I can't recall but figure on ~$150.00

That puts you just under $1200 smackers for a near full tilt custom. I have the 6.5WSM on a Stiller action, great choice.

t

And the guy who built his would be the guy to talk with about a 6.5 Leopard.

Thanks for the feedback...very excited about this one I wanted to get into the 6.5 world. Seems like a heck a caliber to start with.

Just keep in mind your bbl is only going to last you about 1000 rounds, less if you shoot it hot. If you ever have any questions, I would be more than happy to help you.

t

I do have a barrel that was chambered wrong and it is a 6.5 wsm (new) here set up for a remmy 700 right now thats a #4 fluted with a .75 miller break on it ready to go. Currently it is set for a timed shoulder up to the action, but we could throw a nut on it and it will be self timing remmy barrel. Heres the down side, it's theaded for a trued remmy action. $925 is the price if we were going to build this barrel as a drop in for your 700. LRH price $700

I'm doing alot of work with the 6.5wsm and will have some good info shortly on it as well. But thats a new thread :)
Have fun!
Chris
Benchmark

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.