6.5/284 Norma

• Thread starter Deleted member 115374
  • Start date
As I stated in my original post it is a 6.5/284 Norma as called out in Nosler reload manual and others
Here is my dummy rounds loaded with a 140 VLD hunting my reamer was from Dave Kiff I run a 188 freebore
329EA1B2-CA43-41F1-8712-961F4A6C02C6.jpeg

I have 6.5x284 that started as magnum, I had the same concern. I used a gunsmith that is very well regarded on this site. He put some sort of insert in the bolt face. You have to look closely to see it, and have had no problems.
Thanks, I think I might be able to get that done by Douglas when they do the barrel swap

I am back again. What is your barrel length, twist rate and what velocity are you running those 140s at ?
I am looking at a 26" tube with a 1 in 9, but open to input as I am always learning.

I am back again. What is your barrel length, twist rate and what velocity are you running those 140s at ?
I am looking at a 26" tube with a 1 in 9, but open to input as I am always learning.
26"also a 1/8 twist they are running at 2980 ft./s if you were looking to try the heavier 150+ grain bullet a 7.5 twist would not hurt anything

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.