6.5/284 Norma

• Thread starter Deleted member 115374
  • Start date
26"also a 1/8 twist they are running at 2980 ft./s if you were looking to try the heavier 150+ grain bullet a 7.5 twist would not hurt anything
OK, thanks, you answered this question and what would have been my next question. I like that 2980 fps on the 140s. I like the idea of keeping options open to run the 150+ because I am trying to come up with an accurate rifle that I can hunt antelope, deer and elk with. Thanks again !

I am back again. What is your barrel length, twist rate and what velocity are you running those 140s at ?
I am looking at a 26" tube with a 1 in 9, but open to input as I am always learning.

Mine is a 26" Hart barrel, Remington varmint contour, spiral fluted, threaded for suppressor and 1:8 twist.

140 Berger VLDs at 3072fps.

I shoot my 6.5-284 Norma on a long action chassis using long action AICS mags. You can find 5 round mags fairly easy. They make 10 rounders, but are not cheap. I have 3 I bought on a whim--only used one of them. If you don't shoot it on a long action, then you can load the rounds out far enough usually. Its possible to fit in on short action, but limiting yourself.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.