6.5/.264 suppressor

22 inch I feel is ideal with a can. I'm a big fan of the banish 30. Can make it either 7" or 9" to quiet things down and it's light! I also own a thunderbeast that is great. A lot of good options out there. Just do some shopping and see what fits your style the most. My biggie was weight and length.

22 inch I feel is ideal with a can. I'm a big fan of the banish 30. Can make it either 7" or 9" to quiet things down and it's light! I also own a thunderbeast that is great. A lot of good options out there. Just do some shopping and see what fits your style the most. My biggie was weight and length.
Yea If I had to choose between 2in of barrel or 2in of suppressor I'm probably going to favor the suppressor. But that's just me thinking. Thanks for the advice!

I run tbac ultra 7 and dominus cans. Titanium and effective. Good cans. For hunting rifles I like 22" and shorter. My 6.5's are 22, 20, and 18". My 6.5 comp rifles are 24-26. My training rifles run 24-26 since it don't pack them all over the mountain. Lastly, I have a tc encore pistol 11.5" I run a can on.

I mostly run 16-20" but a lot of that depends on the cartridge and speed I'm trying to run.

I might be backwards but I start with a bullet and a sped goal and work backwards.

Example - I wanted a 105 hybrid @ 3000fps…after some research I came to the conclusion a 6cm can do that out of a 20" barrel. So there I am.

I also agree with the 30 cal can since it'll be your first. Volume is the suppressor game, more volume = more suppression of noise. I also look at weight. Dead air Nomad Ti or SilencerCo Harvester EVO are two great current offerings at slightly different price points.

Good luck, suppressor has changed my hunting preferences quite a bit…meaning I have no desire to ever hunt without one again.

I would take a look at KGM and I would second the votes for Thunder Beast. The comment above about 22" being a good compromise for cans mirrors my experience. I've tried 26" and 24" with a can and it is too long. You end up trying to maneuver a 33-35 inch barrel. A 22" plus a 6 or 7" can puts it in the same neighborhood as a 26" barrel with a break.

I run a Banish 30 on my 6.5 RPM very happily.

I cut no length from my 24" barrel as I didn't want to turn my rifle ballistically into a 260 Remington.

In practical terms, unless you hunt in dense cover, a suppressor on a caliber appropriate length barrel will only affect your rifles balance point. It will feel muzzle heavy.

I haven't notice any "maneuverability hindrances."

Looking for suggestions on a suppressor. Never bought one and I want to put one on my new build. Also how far should I cut down the barrel since running suppressed?
I'd go 20-22" on your barrel and run a Dead Air Nomad LT or Ti.
The Nomad LT is the quietest can I've seen

My primary hunting 308 is 16", down from 22", plus a 5" can. Next longer hunting/blasting 308 is 20", down from 26", plus a can. The shorter gun is way handier and 175fps slower. Take yer pick.
My H&H is 21-1/2" plus can. Whelen is 22" plus can. 500 smith lever is 18" plus can because they didn't have the 16" option yet. My 338lapua and 280ai, 25-06, 243 are full length plus cans.
Every tool has a use and a benefit and a sacrifice. Choose your criteria to make the decision as to length.
I sell cans; almost all my guns are threaded. And my ears ring just like they did before I got my first can in 2002, not worse.
I do suppress a 12ga, but not hunting (18" & 26" options). I will often wear plugs when expecting volume shots.