6-284 and 90gr barnes x

skeeterdan175

I just acquired a custom FN chambered in 6-284 with a 26" tube that is a rechambered 243 win and I have a 300 barnes X 90gr bullets I am wanting to put thru it and was wondering if any one had any pet loads for this combo Im sorry but I haven't checked the twist yet thanks for any help

This isn't the same combo but might give you an idea. I am using a rechambered 24" 243 now a 6mm-284. 95 gr Berger classic hunter H4350 for velocity of 3350 fps. After looking at Hodgdon's site I see am over their max load so I won't mention it.

Hodgdon's site has several powders listed for a 90 gr bullet. Max load is with a 90 gr bullet is 47.5. The barnes bullet is different than a cup and core style bullet. I would suggest you start low and work up to what your combination will allow.

If you do look at Hodgdon's load data you will see hybrid 100V surpasses the other powders by a significant margin. Never used it.

I'm glad to here u mention h4350 because that's the powder I was wanting to use I think I may also try 7828 as I've had good luck with that I will try and get to try out some loads this weekend and if I figure one out ill post it thanks for the help

Just got back from the range today and thought I'd report back that I tried 4 different loads with h4350 and had bad results across the board best group if the bunch was 3 1/2 @ 100... I got some loaded ammo with it that shot good tho so I know it will shoot, unfortunately tho like a moron I shoot all the ammo up before I even pulled one and weighed it it was ringing steel out to 450 and I was havein so much fun I didn't think to stop and keep one

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.