500 A square--VS--Bear

165 yards--325 grain cutting edge non con brass hollow point--118.0 grains of H4198 3300+ MV. I didn't measure the Bear but he was over 200 lbs. It made a mess of him inside. Ross

oh thats alot further than I thought it was, it looks like 75 yards zoomed in like that. My bait is 172 yards from where I sit. that A-Square sure made him walk funny haha. I love it. I used a 375 ultra last year this year I am using a 338 win on my bait. I would love to have something like what you Have. I hope HarperC sees this he will really appreciate your caliber choice! He is a big bore guy too.

I am a .416 Rigby nut, and I can't touch that, even though my hunting load is HOT with a 350gr. TSX at 2900fps. Man, that looked like a prairie dog after being slammed by a .300 Win Mag!!! Love it! The Slow-Motion was AWESOME!

Very nice! You're right Mike all of it was great, a good spring bear, very nice bait set up, it funnels the bear right where you want him, and slam him as hard as you can. Just incredible how quick, and acrobatic they can be when hit, even hit that hard. I never get tired of watching them get slammed, watched it about 10x.

Last edited:
I'll put BC up against Idaho any day :)

Spring bear hunts can be miserable with bugs just about anywhere.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.