50.5 inch Musky!

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by Coyboy, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Coyboy

Coyboy Well-Known Member

I caught and released this brute during my Northern Wisconsin vacation in June. The best part was Mom and the 3 kids were in the boat with me. It was pretty hecktic in the boat with 3 little ones fighting for a view. Samantha is 6 and was trying to net the thing with a net built for crappies. I'm telling them to stay back so I can hand land the fish. Everything turned out great. I didn't catch alot of fish that week but did pretty good on the size of fish; 37"musky, 31" pike 25" walleye.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2010
  2. Oliveralan

Oliveralan Well-Known Member

Wow congrats! That's a huge fish! Sounds like you had a good time.

3. zuba

zuba Well-Known Member

Very nice Jim!

4. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

Great catch!!

I pulled in a 12 incher in PA years back. Looked like a ceegar.:)

5. Len Backus

Len Backus Administrator Staff Member

It would seem to me that I guy who can do that --- probably does other things pretty well, too. Didn't I read somewhere that you are a gunsmith?

6. Coyboy

Coyboy Well-Known Member

Thanks guys, I may be the luckiest Musky fisherman ever. I have caught 3 legal fish in a total of 10 days of fishing. Between this trip and last years.

Some guys have fished for the elusive 50 inch fish for 30 years and came up blank.
    I consider myself privelaged to handle such a magnificent fish. I hope the next guy lucky enough to land that fish respects it enough to keep it in the water.

Although I wouldn't blame any serious musky nut for keeping it. It truly is a once in a liftime fish.

Next year I'll be gunning for a 52", Hell who knows I might just be that lucky.

7. trebark

trebark Well-Known Member

Nice hat!

8. nfhjr62

nfhjr62 Well-Known Member

Now that's a BIG fish, Question what is the state record in Wisconsin for Muskies you may have released a record fish at least you have a picture of the fish.
    Check with the IGFA on what is a record for Muskies, i thought i had a record for LM Bass in N. Carolina thirty years ago BUT was three OZ short, was worth $1000 Dollars if it was had all the right tackle (Rod, Reel, Line, Lure) also the line weight matters.

9. Chas1

Chas1 Well-Known Member

I know nothing about Musky's but something tells me Wholley Molley that big.:) Siunds like you caught some other pretty good size fish. Congratulations Jim.

10. ROBSTER

ROBSTER Well-Known Member

Great catch Jim thanks for sharing.
    robster