50.5 inch Musky!

Coyboy

I caught and released this brute during my Northern Wisconsin vacation in June. The best part was Mom and the 3 kids were in the boat with me. It was pretty hecktic in the boat with 3 little ones fighting for a view. Samantha is 6 and was trying to net the thing with a net built for crappies. I'm telling them to stay back so I can hand land the fish. Everything turned out great. I didn't catch alot of fish that week but did pretty good on the size of fish; 37"musky, 31" pike 25" walleye.

50.5_inch_Musky_June2010_img_0197.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It would seem to me that I guy who can do that --- probably does other things pretty well, too. Didn't I read somewhere that you are a gunsmith?

Thanks guys, I may be the luckiest Musky fisherman ever. I have caught 3 legal fish in a total of 10 days of fishing. Between this trip and last years.

Some guys have fished for the elusive 50 inch fish for 30 years and came up blank.
I consider myself privelaged to handle such a magnificent fish. I hope the next guy lucky enough to land that fish respects it enough to keep it in the water.

Although I wouldn't blame any serious musky nut for keeping it. It truly is a once in a liftime fish.

Next year I'll be gunning for a 52", Hell who knows I might just be that lucky.

Now that's a BIG fish, Question what is the state record in Wisconsin for Muskies you may have released a record fish at least you have a picture of the fish.
Check with the IGFA on what is a record for Muskies, i thought i had a record for LM Bass in N. Carolina thirty years ago BUT was three OZ short, was worth $1000 Dollars if it was had all the right tackle (Rod, Reel, Line, Lure) also the line weight matters.

I know nothing about Musky's but something tells me Wholley Molley that big.:) Siunds like you caught some other pretty good size fish. Congratulations Jim.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.