49 MOA out of Mark 5 HD MOA

Let's not forget one thing, the guys offering help are not the ones asking for help.
I posted yesterday, after I failed to read you had a 20 moa base, I was in left field, lol

Snap a pic of your setup and post it. I have had 2 bases come from EGW where the packaging was marked 20 moa, but the bottom of base was stamped 0 moa. I fought the same thing for a yr not knowing. I have no clue of who made your base, but could be a thing here.
Theoretically on a 100 moa total travel scope with a 20 moa base, you should have roughly 65 moa up, which has been established here.

Sorry I felt my intelligence and ego got violated that I would mount a 20 MOA backwards lol.

I have since sold the Mark5 HD and went back to a 2nd focal plane VX5HD on this set up but I did check the rail last night and it is not installed backwards. I will turn the dial on the VX5 and see how many MOA I have from zero.

Sorry I felt my intelligence and ego got violated that I would mount a 20 MOA backwards lol.

I have since sold the Mark5 HD and went back to a 2nd focal plane VX5HD on this set up but I did check the rail last night and it is not installed backwards. I will turn the dial on the VX5 and see how many MOA I have from zero.
Well, if your VX5 is a ZL2 turret, you took a giant step backwards, I will have to look but I think now you have 38 moa up tops.

Well, if your VX5 is a ZL2 turret, you took a giant step backwards, I will have to look but I think now you have 38 moa up tops.

The Mark 5HD is an amazing scope but I don't even have a place to shoot to realize it's benefits. Plus I have a blended hunting property of short shots in woods and long shots over bean fields so I prefer a 2nd Focal plane scope. The most I'm able to shoot safely at my property is 600 yards.

The Mark 5HD is an amazing scope but I don't even have a place to shoot to realize it's benefits. Plus I have a blended hunting property of short shots in woods and long shots over bean fields so I prefer a 2nd Focal plane scope. The most I'm able to shoot safely at my property is 600 yards.
I have never seen a VX5 HD but have owned a couple VX6 HD's, I liked them too for their intended purpose.
Good luck hunting!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.