475 Yard Buck Fever

I wasn't up the 2nd week due to a funeral. But I heard there was a lot of lead flying out of Smith:rolleyes:
now i didnt say that kevin. but now that you mentioned it, i would like to know who that big ------- was doin all the shootin. its a good mile from here to that rock. all i know is the guy was big, and i knew wayne already had a buck.

I don't know the name of the taxidermist he used but the deer is back already. Here's a close up photo of what this buck looked like. Hope you all enjoy.

DanDeihl2009.jpg

I never took notice of it until you mentioned it. You can probably see also where the right antler had to be glued back on. This deer was shot in the beginning of Dec. 09' and was back from the taxidermist Jan 16th. I'm no taxidermist but is this thing even dry yet? I'm just hoping it doesn't get bugs or rot and fall apart. Most other taxidermists have about a 1 year wait, but it is nice getting it back so quickly.

That is a very quick turn around! Hopefully he won't have any issues with it. the quickest I've ever got one back was about 5 months. My 2008 buck was gonna take 2 years. I won't have it back till this coming fall/winter.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.