400yd Muntjac.

robbobsam

I finished work early and got down the farm to do a bit of shooting. I didn't expect to come across deer, I was looking for rabbits hares and foxes but when 2 x deer turned up it seemed rude not to oblige.

The first was only about 75yds away so I dispatched the small one with a head shot, the larger male was over 400yds away so I went for heart and lungs and he dropped like a sack of spuds.

IMG_0839.jpg

Fantastic afternoon.

My smile says it all.

.243 Tikka T3 Super Varmint
87 grain V-Max behind 44grains H414
1" GROUPS AT 200YDS.

Nice shooting!

Muntjacs aren't real common here outside the zoo and I'm pretty sure suppressors are illegal for hunting.

Where are you?

in alot of europe it is illegal, or at least not preffered, to not have a suppressor for sound vialations.

I wouldn't know a Muntjac from a Jackalope but in my book that was a very nice afternoon stroll.

Re: legal/illegal suppressor

There are many states in the US that allow ownership of suppressors and suppressed firearms. While they are uniformly verboten as hunting tools; they may be used on private property to kill nongame species. In Texas that turns out to be an awful lot of animals on the "okay to kill with a suppressed firearm" list... i.e. hogs and all exotics.

Matt

Great shooting and great-looking Muntjacs

Nice shooting!

Muntjacs aren't real common here outside the zoo and I'm pretty sure suppressors are illegal for hunting.

Where are you?

Hiya Guys,

In the UK sound mods are perfectly legal and in most cases preferred over non moderated rifles for the obvious reasons of noise reduction.

Last edited:
do those munts taste good?? i like that rifle. wonder if they imported that model to the US ever?

nice shooting ! muntis are small ! i shot a roe at 404 yds and thought that looked small in the scope! it's a miracle it stood still long enough for you to shoot it?

for the record muntis taste delicious , probably one of if not the best of the uk deer to eat? although a young sika hind takes some beating.

well done , hell of a shot

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.