4 Round AI mag conversions

Beardedboar

Has anyone modified or has adapted and AI mag so that only 4 round fit inside the mag? I am in California where brains takes a back seat to hunting law and am only allow 5 rounds total in rifle including mag.

Trying to see how I can make such a thing.

Cheeres
The Beardedboar

Sort of like putting a plug in a shotgun but have you thought about taking the follower out of the magazine, taking another follower and trim whatever might need trimming and epoxy it to the other? You could also just permanently affix a dummy cartridge to the existing follower and be done with it. i'd most likely paint the dummy orange.

hope this helps a little.

Sort of like putting a plug in a shotgun but have you thought about taking the follower out of the magazine, taking another follower and trim whatever might need trimming and epoxy it to the other? You could also just permanently affix a dummy cartridge to the existing follower and be done with it. i'd most likely paint the dummy orange.

hope this helps a little.

That is what i was thinking but not sure if it will be legal. Going to give it a try though on a cheaper Magpul AI clone and see if it works.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.