4-16x42 SHV?

youngbuck

Im looking for a lighter weight scope for my next build. I have a NXS and an SHV on other rifles and really like the SHV for the money. I would like to see the 4-16 SHV with the 42mm objective. Ive considered the 3-10x42 but would like some addition magnification for the type of hunting I'm used to. I put a 4-16x44 Vortex HST on my AR and I like that as well, I would just prefer a NF. Anybody have any suggestions for a lighter scope around 15/16x top end magnification with MOA turrets and reticle preferably with a zero stop feature. Just for reference IIRC the 4-16x44 HST is almost identical to the 3-10 SHV, witch are 1/2lb lighter than the 4-16SHV. Right now Im leaning toward the HST, due to cost, magnification, features, and weight.

Nobody? I would prefer non capped turrets. I looked at the 4-16 ATACR, but that's a 34mm tube and very heavy. The 3-15 NXS is also 30oz. Any suggestions for something similar to a 4-16 HST with maybe better glass?

I think it would be great if NF offered a 3-15x42 or 4-16x42 light weight yet compact hunting scope as you've suggested. 10x is okay but a little more magnification on a compact "budget friendly" scope would be a great addition. I doubt it would happen though. The higher mag SHV with 56mm objective I'm sure is great for low light conditions but are on the large side.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.