375 RUM- Gibbs (Box Monkey Express)

Did you try a tighter neck tension? I also noticed some of the a-tips for me didn't like running at top speed more middle nodes. Worth a shot and I find jump from 50 to 90 off to work best

Did you try a tighter neck tension? I also noticed some of the a-tips for me didn't like running at top speed more middle nodes. Worth a shot and I find jump from 50 to 90 off to work best
I did try backing load off and more jump but not at the same time. Next week I'm gonna try the lighter charge weight with the longer jump and see what happens

Neck tension change at all?
I've been running a .374 mandrel. I wanted to use a 373 but for some reason after I necked up and back down to make the false should I lost some brass some where and my sizing die doesn't move the neck enough for a 373 mandrel to work. Which I've been kicking myself for not going with a bushing die but that's a whole other story

I've been running a .374 mandrel. I wanted to use a 373 but for some reason after I necked up and back down to make the false should I lost some brass some where and my sizing die doesn't move the neck enough for a 373 mandrel to work. Which I've been kicking myself for not going with a bushing die but that's a whole other story
Yeah bushing dies are very handy for different neck tension. I honestly never use mandrels. I tried them did t see any difference.

Yeah bushing dies are very handy for different neck tension. I honestly never use mandrels. I tried them did t see any difference.
When I started using mandrels I definitely saw a difference on target but it may have been a total result of improving my reloading process and becoming a better shooter all at the same time. Reason I didn't go to bushing dies was to avoid having threading in and out the reducer insert in my Ammo master 2 press but it would be nice to try a bit tighter neck tension since I lost some neck thickness making the false shoulder. I'm kicking myself because the main reason I bought that press was to accommodate the larger dies. I've been tossing around the idea of ordering the larger set of dies to run bushings.

If anyone is curious I just measured H2O capacity and on average I picked up 6.5gr of H2O capacity.
I filled both cases to the neck shoulder junction with N570 and my version holds about 9gr more but if you wanted to seat the bullet in the standard case farther out you'd be able to close the gap for sure.

Those groups are a bummer,

Maybe try the 350smk
I used 350 SMK for fire forming and they shot lights out. But I can't get any more and they suffer on BC. I think I've finally found a load or 2 that will shoot for the match. I've gotta verify at distance. The Cutting Edge solids are shooting the best so far but I wanted the splash from the cup and core so I'm going to compare and go from there

I was going to say try the 400gn CE Lazer but saw you say you've tried monos and want a better splash. Which ones did you use?
I had CEB 375gr MTH sitting on the shelf. I'd like to try the 375 Lazers but they are on B/O and the match is this weekend. I wasn't to sad about the splash from the MTH but the A-tips actually shot well. Here's a 3 shot group at 1260 yards.

Attachments

• IMG_6611.jpg
    IMG_6611.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_6612.jpg
    IMG_6612.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 17