375 RUM- Gibbs (Box Monkey Express)

I home made a bipod extension and it's incredible how much it helps with recoil management.
71592143293__6DCC484C-BDB7-4ABB-9A18-9ED66E26AD2B.jpg
IMG_6604.jpg

Does it soften the recoil or makes it more controllable. What brake you have
Its just more controllable, doesn't jump as much. The brake is from KS Arms up here in Canada, same company built the barrel also. I've got 5 different barrels from them and they all shoot well. I am actually planning to use their KSLR action for this same chambering when I build a new rifle.

makes it more controllable
The biggest change is downforce into the rear bag, that's how it basically removes jump from the equation. It doesn't seem like much, but lifting the rear weight of a 16.5# rifle at 36" instead of 18" means the same lift force (recoil above centerline) is now fighting twice the weight. That's not the exact distances obviously, but illuminates what's happening. You're changing pivot (bipod) and then the majority of the extra weight between the old and new pivot changes into something the recoil has to lift instead of something it only shoves.

Try holding a rifle at the grip with one hand, above your hip. Then try to extend that rifle out to full arm extension. Your shoulder is going to feel every single ounce, multiplied by the leverage of the fore end weight against the grip. Repeat but hold the rifle at the end of the stock fore end. That's the same that's translating to the rear bag.
KS Arms up here in Canada
They're on my list to try a barrel from, great reputation đź‘Ť

Last edited: