375 ruger necked down to 358

It would be almost the same as the 358 Norma magnum in size and ballistics. The case is .060 longer than the Norma. So loading data would be very close and the Norma would not be a wildcat so loaded ammo would be readily available in case you dont want to load for the Ruger.

J E CUSTOM

It would be almost the same as the 358 Norma magnum in size and ballistics. The case is .060 longer than the Norma. So loading data would be very close and the Norma would not be a wildcat so loaded ammo would be readily available in case you dont want to load for the Ruger.

J E CUSTOM
Isn't the 375 ruger a fatter cartridge i read it has a little more capacity then the 375 H&H

Isn't the 375 ruger a fatter cartridge i read it has a little more capacity then the 375 H&H
Ok, the Belt on the H&H and all the children it spawned is .532". With the .375 Ruger, they essentially removed the belt and widened the actual case to .532". It did very slightly increase capacity (4%), but brings you back to a 3.34" COAL, and not 3.6". The .375 Ruger case IS NOT fatter than the RUM, Norma, or Lapua.

As you were told, you are looking at .358 Norma ballistics. They are so close, it makes it not worth wildcating in my humble opinion. Have you thought about making it a 9.3/.366" ?

Yes. It has almost 10 grains more powder capacity than the 375 H&H And 4 or 5 more than the 358 Norma.

They all have the magnum bolt face but the belt on the 375 does use up some case capacity.

J E CUSTOM

Lots of 8mm mag Remington brass but no Reamers for either. Got a 338/375 ruger and 358 sta reamer if that helps

Lots of 8mm mag Remington brass but no Reamers for either. Got a 338/375 ruger and 358 sta reamer if that helps
I would love to have a .338-375. Might need a brake on that one for extended outings. One fella made one with a 30" barrel. It slings 250 grain bullets at almost 3000 fps.