.375 bullets

ewallace

Any one use a .375 for elk I am looking for the best bullet for elk hunting for long range hi BC is important but also needs to open up at low velocity (around 1500 fps impact velocity)

>>needs to open up at low velocity

Why? .375 is not enough for you?

Richard plans on making one (or so the rumor goes).

My 375 RUM shoots the 260gr AB really well (not really a high BC, long range bullet). It also likes the 300gr Sierra. Come to think of it, Kirby's creation seems to like anything I load up in that gun.

Haven't shot any critters with the 375, but judging from the rocks it busts up I'd say it should do fine on elk.

I think there are plenty of us waiting for something better than the 260gr AB.

i have a very good source that says they are gonna happen. i saw two different but very similar drawings of a 375 cal, 350 gr SMK bullets at his shop. i think he's gonna give me one when he gets them.i'll let ya know if i see one.

Dave, thank you for the courtesy of your update and the very good news. I am about to become like the fella who was up to his butt in alligators but his mission was to drain the swamp--will appreciatre an e-mail, [email protected], when they are released as my distributor has zero data from Sierra. Cordially, Overbore /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hopefully once a new 375 pill becomes available someone will post here. I think it's an awesome caliber waiting for the right projectiles.

Overbore, i've been trying to e-mail ya for 2 days but it just goes down on me. i'll give you some details when my mail is working.

called sierra about the 300g SGK and the ballistic Tec did not recommend at all using that bullet at a impact vel of 1500 fps.

Dave email me with info on the SMK 350g bullet.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.