375/408 Shooters

Louis Corkern

Good Day Everyone,

Was interested in seeing who shoots the 375CT (375/408)? It was mentioned that I need to talk to Kirby Allen and Dave Viers. If either of you gentlemen read this can you please email me at [email protected] or anybody that has info for that matter.

Thanks--Louis Corkern

lesley3021.jpg

Bruce Baer

Thanks BountyHunter,

Yea I heard he shoot one of the 1K comps few weeks ago with the 350grain SMK, but have been unable to find results. I have enough of the LRBT projos for some time and Hooker Tactical should have 350grain projos in couple weeks. From my understanding they bought alot of LRBT equipment and are moving into new buildings.

Thanks--Louis Corkern

Thanks BountyHunter,

Yea I heard he shoot one of the 1K comps few weeks ago with the 350grain SMK, but have been unable to find results. I have enough of the LRBT projos for some time and Hooker Tactical should have 350grain projos in couple weeks. From my understanding they bought alot of LRBT equipment and are moving into new buildings.

Thanks--Louis Corkern

I saw and spotted his shots at the World Open (mid July), but the guy that reloaded them left something to be desired and that day was not representative of what it can do. since then there has been other matches, but not sure how he did.

Call him.

BH

Louis,

I have my 375 AM reamer and test barrel sitting here ready but I am in no hurry until Rochard Graves gets me some of his aluminum tipped RBBTs to test. The 350 gr SMK is pretty much a dog ballistically. Best out there in a lead core bullet for sure but from what I have seen from actual shooting, they will not run ballistically with the 300 gr SMK in 338.

As such, I am waiting for Richards bullets which should add at least 1 to 2 tenths to the BC compared to the SMK and still be an accuracy lead core design. Not a fan of the solid bullets, to **** finicky as far as bore diameter.

The 375 AM by the way is an improved version of the 375 CT with the shoulder moved forward about 50 thou for a larger powder capacity.

Kirby Allen(50)

375ct

Hello fiftydriver,

I actually like the solids. The LRBT 408s shoot very well in my EDM Arms and the LRBT 375s shoot very well also in the Cheytac (Barney Lawton Built). I have about 1200 of the 350gr LRBT projos as well as another order with Hooker Tactical (Arco Idaho). I have not been able to get first hand knowledge of the SMK 350gr yet.
Do you know what the BC is going to be from Mr. Graves projos?

Thanks--Louis Corkern

No positive numbers on the Wildcat Bullets yet. I know he is talking about possibly three different bullet weights, 350, 375 and 400 grains.

If they live up to the standards his 338 caliber AT RBBTs are producing in early tests, I would estimate that you would see possible BCs in the high .8 to high .9 range at least depending on bullet weight.

With his 265 gr AT RBBT 338 bullet, I have to use a BC of .930 to get my handheld to match up to actual bullet flight.

From what I have seen comparing them to conventional solids like the LRB bullets, they are extremely similiar in BC for given bullet weights.

YOu are correct, if your bore is set up correctly for the solids you will get great performance. If your bore is a bit tight or a bit loose, you will get very inconsistant results. That really limits the different barrels you can use with the solids.

The nice thing about the Wildcat bullets is that with the lead core, they will be much more forgiving as far as barrel to barrel bore diameter variations and still offer similiar BC values as the LRB style bullets. On top of that, they are an expanding bullet, much better for any big game hunting at long range and in some states, solids are not even legal to use on big game as most states require an expanding bullet to be used on big game.

Not saying the Wildcats are superior as far as ultimate performance, just far more flexible and consistant over a wide range of different barrel brands and velocity ranges.

Kirby Allen(50)

375/408

Fiftydriver,

I am very interested in getting some of the 350gr wildcat projos. You got idea of when they will be out? I would like to get on that order list so I can get some to test.

I am in total agreement with "solids" setup pros and cons.
As well as the better hunting abilities with the lead cores.

Thanks again for your time--Louis Corkern

375/408

Lazylabs,

Dean M. (Triggerfifty) designed and built bipod and modified that stock for that bipod.
I wish I could get my hands on another one, but Dean has sorta dropped off radar to pursue a medical career.

Thanks--Louis Corkern

Chey Tac was having bullet failures with the SMK prototypes at full pressure velocity so they had to have Sierra redesign the 350 gr MK. I would say the 1-12 would be nearly perfect for this bullet as its really quite stubby to be honest. Would have much rather seen them make a 375 or 380 gr version.

For the long Wildcat Bullets, I ordered a 1-10 Lilja for testing which should easily allow me to shoot up to a 400 gr ULD RBBT or 375 gr AT RBBT. Time will tell.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.