358 Winchester

JES Rebored a Kimber Hunter and shortened the barrel for me, I shortened the stock a bit, here is my 5 lb 358 :D

ZLwiEyD.jpg
Wow! Barrel length? Been thinking about doing the exact same thing/caliber w/ a KH.

I, too, love the 35 caliber. At one time I had a Marlin 35Rem, Ruger Hawkeye 358win and Remington 700 35 Whelen; only the 35 Whelen remains. All said and done, I like the 358 win cartridge the best for my typical hunting. A little more range than the 35 Rem yet applicable power for whitetail compared to the 35 Whelen (purchased for Elk). Once the firearm market cools, I look to re-establish a 35 caliber arsenal, inlcuding another lever 35 Rem and 358 Win bolt.

I have to disagree with an earlier "compliment" to the Ruger Hawkeye. I am not a Ruger basher by any means considering they are my choice for revolvers, 22LR rifles and 22LR pistols. I have concerns with the open trigger design on the Hawkeye. I had numerous occasions when my 358 Hawkeye failed to fire at the range. Once home, the issue always lead back to a foreign object (grain of powder, dirt, etc.) in the trigger assembly preventing it from releasing the sear. It was a very accurate rifle, but the potential for failing to perform in the field lead me to sell the rifle. Just my two-cents regarding the Hawkeye and dependability in the backwoods.