357 Maximum handloads

G19Jeeper

Good morning all, I had recently won a Ruger SBH 10.5" revolver in 357 MAX that i want to handload for. Since I have had great experiences with XTP's I plan to use 180 gr variation in this cartridge. Any tips or tricks for the MAX? I have handloaded many .44 Mag and 357 Mag but not messed with the max yet

W296, H110, N110, Lil Gun will all do nice job with the Max. IMO the Max does best with 160-180 weight bullets. Fury Bullets in Michigan makes number of bullets that I used in Max. If you stumble over any old 180Partitions they are really hard to beat for performance. Wish Nosler would bring them back.

Like many of the magnum revolver rounds used for accuracy games like silhouette, the crimp can be important so the case lengths become important since they affect that workmanship. Beyond this, the 357 Max is easy to develop once you find the bullet it likes. I never played with the Ruger, but the Dan Wesson was a very accurate rig in it's day.

ETA: I stumbled over this out of curiosity. https://reloadammo.com/357-magnum-reloading-data-maximum/