223 handloads

Use a lot of powder and fast burning. Not really.

Actually I'll be you get more replies if you give some pertinent data. Rifle type, barrel, chamber, what you are going to use it for, distance, what you 'll shoot IE paper, yotes etc....

Simply looking for speed won't accomplish much and may not be what you are after. Especially at longer ranges.

Jeff

I have an excellent idea get a 220 WBY Rocket! I have a 223
and they are what they are slow good.Work with some 35g bullets and you can increase the vel some but the long range
accuracy will suffer.

Goose slayer,
Are you having your rifle built on an existing 223 action?
If so, and you want fast hand loads, ask your smith to cut your chamber to 223 Ackley and use light for calibre bullets.
If not choose a different cartridge or calibre, remember depending on boltface diameter, you can have anything you want when building up a rifle.

Think of this though, speed is not everything, the faster you launch a bullet the more it is effected by drag and the quicker it slows down, especially light bullets but hey, if thats what you want go for it!
Some more info on your build and use of your rifle like rost495 suggests would be great.

Ian.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.