.340 Weatherby Load Suggestions

DMP25-06

Does anyone have experience with reloading the .340 Weatherby Magnum ?
I have a Mark V that has been re-barreled by Douglas with their XX Premium Stainless barrel in .340 Weatherby , with standard factory free-bore dimensions , 1 - 10" twist , finished length is 26 " , with a 9 port Muscle muzzle brake added for 28" overall length .
It sits in a Weatherby Accumark stock , glass-bedded and free-floated . Leupold Mark IV ,4.5x14x40 LRT with Mil-dot , Near Mfg. 30 moa base , and Leupold Mark IV tactical rings .
I had been loading Sierra 250 gr. Game Kings , BC=.565 , with Norma MRP powder , Federal 215 primers , in full length resized Wby. brass , C.O.A.L. = 3.765" . Average muzzle velocity is 3030 FPS , as measured by Pact , Shooting Chrony , and Magneto Speed chronographs . Average accuracy was .6 moa to .75 moa . NO EXCESS PRESSURE SIGNS .
Bad news is that I am out of these bullets and MRP powder , and I have not found either to buy in 2 years .
I am currently trying IMR 7828 powder and 250 gr. Sierra Match Kings , 250 gr. Berger OTM , and 250 gr. Hornady BTHP Match bullets , Fed.215 primers , and I have not been able to get MOA accuracy . I have tried H4831SC , and have not been able to approach 2900 fps . The IMR 7828 will bring the velocity up to MRP levels , but it lacks the accuracy of the MRP .
By the way , Weatherby factory 250 gr. loads chronographed at 3060 fps through this barrel .
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated .
THANK YOU ,
DMP25-06

I dont know how much this helps but the load I and my father use is 90gr of RL 19 with a 225gr Barnes TTSX with fed 215m primers. I'm sorry I don't have a Coal measurement. But I know the bullet was seated with no grooves showing.

have you tried rl22??
I've got a couple of boxes of the sierra 250 gk's on the shelf I run through my 338win with rl19 when I'm feeling like a 250. That pill will cloverleaf in the right conditions.... I still like the 225 hdy fb and 225 ab better though.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.