340 weatherby input/loads

mtnwrunner

Inquiring about the 340 bee. What would you recommend or have experience for bullets and loads?
Just am in the process of finding what works especially at distance.
Rifle is an accumark that just got back from a bedding and trigger job.

Thanks!

Randy

P.S.--I did try and do a search but couldn't find anything but hey, my VCR still flashes 12:00 all the time......................
Yeah, yeah, I know, "Whats a VCR?"

I have 2 .338 Baer's and they both like H1000, 7828, and R-22. The H-1000 loads were slightly more accurate in both guns but all 3 powders are within 50fps of each other. From 2870 to 2920fps with 250gr Sierra SBT's and Lapua Scenars. The more accurate rifle likes 88grs of H-1000 but that might be a light load for a .340 Weatherby because of the freebore. For all practical purposes the 2 cartridges are the same but I think the Baer's have slightly more capacity.

I shot on for 20 yrs.92 GR.7828,FED 215, AND SEVERAL TYPES OF 225. I am setting up for my kid w/250 nabs. Load above was compressed.Still playing with it

I sold mine to my father, but still load for him. My reloading Data is buried in the back shed righ now, but I remember the approximate loads. 225 SST's with 88.5 ish grain RL 25. and 250 Sierra GK with IMR 4350.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts