.340 Wby loads, Accubond, Scirocco, Interbond, Wildcat

Boman

Gentlemen,

I'm looking at dinking around to find a new load so was wondering if you guys have any loads that shoot well in your .340wby's. Right now I'm shooting a load with the Barnes Trip shock and its creating too much pressure so I need to find something new. Thanks for the info guys.

MY 340 wby loves 86-88 of I7828 under 250 partitions. Also shoots the 250 grain sierra the same accuracy. Your post is a little vague about the tsx's....why not just back down the load some and check for accuracy?? There's a fellow here that's had fantastic luck with the northfork bonded bullets...if you are looking for something super tough and versatile they might be worth looking into although they are a little pricey.

Kraky1,
Sorry about the Vagueness of my post. I have tried with lower powder loads but just haven't gotten the degree of accuracy I was looking for. I will be trying RL 22 next. Seems the RL 19 only shoots well in this rifle at very Extreme pressures.

The reason why I'm asking about these other bullets is I was just thinking of trying something new. Not that I'm unhappy with the Barnes. I've also got some Northforks that I will try. Thanks for the help though

Also to add. I really like the 225 to 210 gr bullets. I haven't had too much like with the 250's yet.

You might wan tto try RL22 and RL25.
I have had great luck with both in my 338 RUM.

JD338

BOMAN---which tsx did you try. Seems like the lighter 225-210 range gets some good reviews. Personally I haven't gotten the stellar accuracy that some are reporting with the tsx. Not horrible and probably much more consistant than the older barnes but certainly not the "match grade" type groups that so many talk about. Also..they still semm to be fast per powder charge.....and what I mean is I still think they make a little more pressure than other bullets of the same weight. Is that what you found when you talk about pressure problems??

I will be trying the RL 22 and RL 25. I've always had good luck with RL 19 accuracy.

The TSX I was trying was the 225gr. I'm going to be trying the 210gr TSX as well. yeah that is what I'm talking about for high pressure. Thats why I want to mess with other powders, I don't care that much about velocity. I just want good accuracy again.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.