Viersco internal magazine system, 3 rounds total
Lone Wolf carbon/Kevlar stock Custom paint/duracoat
Viersco ultra light recoil pad
Lawton/ABS carbon wrapped barrel, 32" 10 twist
5 port Titanium muzzle brake
Jewell trigger system
Rifle weight 10.5#
Custom reloading dies to match chamber

This will be topped off with a Nightforce 5.5-22X56 w/NP-R1 reticle once I get the rings from Glen at Seekins Precision.

Thanks Dave for making such a beautiful rifle. It has been a pleasure dealing with you on this build and I'm sure it'll shoot as good as it looks!

I think this is going to be a fun summer and fall... :) -- Don

Landcbeitner/Longshot38/Elkregulator; Thanks guys. Dave shot it yesterday for the first time and reported good groups. I'm not much in the way of benchshooting; I'm more of a longrange rock shooter. Those rocks better watch out! gun)-- Don

Thanks Capt Academy and Silvertip-co. I should receive the rifle midweek and then start the barrel break-in. I'm glad I'll have all summer to get things dialed in and comfortable shooting this configuration, to make it second nature. I'm a leftie, but I own left and right hand rifles. I thought it was kind of neat to get both in one! -- Don

I just finished the last three-shot string for barrel break-in last night on my 590 yard gong (no groups as it's on the other side of the draw...I was too lazy to go check). I plan to start the load workup on Monday to get the 300gr SMK's dialed in, then on to the aluminum tipped 265 grainers from Greyghostt. It'll be neat to see how much better I can get it to group as I shot a hair over half inch c-to-c three-shot group at 200 yards with the SMK's during the break-in.

Dave, this rifle is a dream to shoot. It, without question, shoots better than I do. I'll post again once I've got some chrono data on the load workup. -- Don

Hey guys, for those interested this rifle has been a blast to shoot. Still trying to find a bear, but my steel targets have been getting a workout. I shot a 6" vertical/4" horizontal three-shot group today on my 1030 yard target. The group was right and down about 6" from center, so not perfect but nice. Light wind needless to say. First shot hits on this target have been pretty consistent so far.

A buddy has a nice elk spot with elk from about 500yards to 1050 yards, and generously asked me to bring "The Witness" this year. He's new to the long range game so we set up a steel plate for him to practice on and get some trigger time. It only ended up at 535 yards. I felt like I was cheating but I put a hole through it to help him break it in.:D Gave him a center point to aim for hehehe.gun)

Just can't say enough good things about how well this rifle shoots. Thank you to Dave Viers for building such a nice rifle and to the rest of you for the wealth of information that has helped get me to this point. Hopefully I'll get to post again in October with a longrage elk story. -- Don

Thanks Mike. Dave did a great job on it, for sure. The calvary scene helps to open doors for conversation.

Sendero Man, nothing much to report hunting-wise. I ended up having to go out of town for a family emergency and missed all but the first few days of elk hunting. Priorities... Maybe next year. My buddy with the long range spot did get an elk though.

I put a little over 200 rounds through it this summer/fall and it's been a hoot to shoot. Best way I can describe it is it shoots with authority.

-- Don

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.