338 rum 250 matchkings

jax338

I have a box of 250 matchkings, and now that I'm done with college for the summer I can do some shooting. I was wondering what oal shot the best in your guns, just something to give me an idea. Gun is a factory rem 700 lss. Thanks in advance guys.

Good deal on having a summer to enjoy.

Here's the hard way: Take a dremel tool w/cutter blade and cut the nect on a case from mouth to shoulder creating 3 equidistant slots or, very slightly neck size a case, only enough to hold a bullet when pushed in w/fingers.

With the bullet barely seated insert the cartridge into the chamber. The bullet will then be seated by the rifling. If there is sufficient neck tension the cartridge when removed will at "a" maximum overall length.

You could use that for a starting point but the RUM may well have a very long throat.

Here's the easy way: ensure the cartridge fits and feeds from the magazine and go from there. That usually sets the longest practical length.

Good luck and good shootin'

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.